The Commonwealth Foundation is among the most effective and influential state-based think tanks in the country. With a top-notch team of policy analysts and communication experts, CF transforms free-market ideas into public policies so all Pennsylvanians can flourish.
Our research and advocacy have led to lower taxes on working Pennsylvanians, greater transparency in state government spending and contracts, criminal justice reform that reduced both prison population and crime, and increased educational options for thousands of students.
Our work is driven by our core values of:
- Treating everyone with dignity,
- Stewardship of our investors’ time and treasure, and
- Pursuing productive solutions to problems.
CF seeks a Director of Investor Relationships. This is a unique role and requires a unique candidate. The Director is a closer. They understand why it’s important to develop respectful long-term relationships with prospects and investors for CF. They are unafraid of accountability for their results. They wake up every morning thinking about how to engage and serve investors and prospective investors. Through all of the work, the successful candidate will, at all times, uphold CF’s values. The Director of Investor Relationships will report to the Vice-President and work out of any of CF’s offices or virtually.
- Be an amazing listener
- Make CF’s prospective investors, investors, and colleagues feel heard
- Be energized by the word “no” and work to better understand the individual to find out what they need to successfully engage with CF
- Respect CF’s investors as people, not ATMs
- Balance tenacity with genuine respect for people
- Bring prospective investors and investors for whom you are responsible into a closer relationship with CF
- Grow investor commitments to CF by nurturing and growing strong relationships
- Details about people and relationships matter – work well in a highly organized environment
- Share a commitment to the free-market principles of CF
- 5+ years of experience delivering exceptional customer service and be able to demonstrate through examples
- Sales or non-profit fundraising experience a plus
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Monthly stipend for health care
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Reimbursements for needed mobile technology
- Matching retirement plan up to 4%
- Salary will be highly competitive, commensurate with experience, and heavily driven by delivering results
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- cover letter detailing your interest in the position and the organization’s mission and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions can be directed to Lauren Skiver, Talent Manager with Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.