Philanthropy Roundtable is a well-established organization in the philanthropic sector, serving as a resource for hundreds of donors and foundation leaders. Its vision is to build and sustain a vibrant American philanthropic movement that strengthens our free society. To achieve this vision, the organization pursues a mission to foster excellence in philanthropy, protect philanthropic freedom and help donors’ advance liberty, opportunity and personal responsibility.
Since 1991, the Philanthropy Roundtable has served individual philanthropists and foundations that are refining their philanthropic strategies to maximize the impact of their resources, as well as emerging donors and entrepreneurs who are developing their philanthropic plans. The Roundtable is the leading organization in the United States focused on promoting and defending the power of private giving and the means to create wealth to make charitable giving possible.
Philanthropy Roundtable is seeking a Digital Marketing Coordinator to assist the Roundtable’s marketing team with digital communications and promotional efforts via our web, email and social media platforms. The marketing team plays a critical role in executing the organization’s five-year strategic plan. We are seeking an enthusiastic problem-solver and innovator who loves to think outside the box, nerd out on emerging digital trends, and get their hands dirty in a fast-paced environment.
This junior level role will report to the Digital Marketing Manager and contribute to the Roundtable’s overall digital strategy by executing on various marketing campaigns and strategic communications. A key responsibility for this position will be helping ensure the Roundtable’s digital content is timely, accurate and visually compelling. This role will be executed from Philanthropy Roundtable’s Washington, DC headquarters; candidates will be required to be in the office at least two days per week.
The Ideal Candidate Will Be:
- Passionate about Philanthropy Roundtable’s mission and all things marketing and communications
- An ambitious self-starter who can juggle multiple priorities and still deliver on time
- Clear and professional in verbal and written communications
- A natural problem solver and collaborator
- Customer-focused and results-oriented
- Curious, creative and always willing to pitch in
- Contribute to Roundtable marketing plans that drive brand awareness, audience engagement and acquisition
- Serve as a project manager and researcher for various digital marketing efforts and projects
- Assist with creating content for the Roundtable’s social media accounts and email newsletters; this role will write and edit marketing copy as needed for various Roundtable marketing collateral and channels
- Assist with the day-to-day updates of the Roundtable’s website and support various web projects to increase the visibility of the Roundtable’s brand and work
- Execute on email marketing projects, which includes gathering content and assisting with layout, testing, sending and reporting on metrics to various stakeholders
- Coordinate with the Roundtable’s data manager and other departments to ensure proper list management and updates are being made for email marketing purposes
- Track data on the success of various marketing efforts and team goals; create reports to share this information both within the marketing and communications team and across the broader organization
- Play an integral role in managing the Roundtable’s digital communications calendar
- Brainstorm creative concepts and tactics to support the Roundtable’s digital strategies and goals
- 1-3 years professional work experience in marketing, communications or related field; internships may be considered experience
- Strong marketing copywriting and copy-editing skills, especially for web, email and social media content
- Working knowledge of marketing strategies and content that are effective on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram
- Highly organized with an ability to work independently and manage multiple projects in order to consistently meet deadlines
- Solution oriented – ready to suggest improvements, repairs and enhancements then implement and test them, carrying the project through to completion.
- Strong computer skills: Experience working with Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Teams and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Willing and able to work in our D.C. headquarters at least two days per week
- Minimal, if any travel is required for this role; likely less than 5%
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, business or related field
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS
- Familiarity with social media advertising
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and Google Ads
- Knowledge of WordPress or other CMS
- Knowledge of MailChimp or other email marketing platforms
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM/databases
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials as a single PDF:
- Cover Letter detailing your interest in the position and the mission of Philanthropy Roundtable
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Director of Network Engagement of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.