Center of the American Experiment is Minnesota’s think tank. Its mission is to change Minnesota’s civic culture by promoting free-market, limited government policies. In addition to writing and commissioning papers, holding public meetings and informing legislators, the Center engages in an aggressive outreach program including op-eds, radio ads, videos, television ads, billboards, emails, an active web site (www.americanexperiment.org), a quarterly magazine, Thinking Minnesota, with a circulation of over 110,000, social media, and more. Through these means, the Center brings conservative messages to millions of Minnesotans.
About the Position
The Digital Media Specialist will make a difference every day working as a key member of the marketing and communications team at our mission-driven organization. American Experiment prides itself on going beyond the white paper to conduct marketing campaigns that get attention and change hearts and minds. The Digital Media Specialist will oversee an aggressive paid and organic digital media strategy that includes building owned audience, increasing daily web traffic and implementing issue-specific marketing campaigns. A preference will be given to applicants with video production and editing experience.
This person will manage multiple priorities simultaneously with strong attention to detail and ability to operate independently and in collaboration with others.
The Digital Media Specialist will report to the Marketing Communications Director and work from the Center’s office in Golden Valley. There is very minimal, if any, travel required for this role.
- Write and place Facebook, Instagram, and Google ads
- Produce and edit short and long form videos for use in social media and digital advertising
- Facilitate web traffic to AmericanExperiment.org
- Optimize web posts for SEO
- Develop landing pages for advocacy initiatives
- Plan and execute initiatives to grow American Experiment’s owned audience
- Design graphics for online and print publication
- Analyze and report data in weekly staff meeting, quarterly board meeting
Desired Skills and Expertise
- 0-5 years of experience working in digital media, including social media and website management
- Strong written communication skills across media channels, including writing for social media, web and email
- Expertise with paid media social media campaigns.
- Expertise in photography and video production and editing
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics.
- Graphic design and video editing (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier Pro, Canva)
- Website management (WordPress)
- Social Media marketing (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, LinkedIn)
- Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Meta Ads Manager, Google ads and Google analytics
- Email management (Active Campaign, MailChimp)
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- A cover letter detailing your philosophical interest in the organization, why the position interests you, how your experience has prepared you for this position, and your salary requirements.
- Examples of work such as writing, graphic design, video production or social media ad production
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Director of Outreach at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide consulting and recruiting services at no cost to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that clearly and directly focus on advancing the principles of economic freedom, free enterprise, free trade, free speech, property rights, rule of law, and limited regulation.