Are you looking for a creative outlet to promote liberty and civil rights? We are looking for a motivated and creative Digital Media Associate with a passion for connecting with current and future audiences through creative content. We are a pro bono law firm focused on cases where government agencies have gone too far. Your creativity is critical in the evolution of our brand and messaging to attract target audiences that want to join our mission. This position reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications and will require working across multiple marketing channels to achieve purposeful goals, including brand awareness, lead generation and acquisition. You will create multimedia designs, manage content on website, email engagement and social media accounts in order to drive digital traffic and increase brand awareness.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute and oversee NCLA social media channels Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn (from content creation to publishing to community management)
- Use channel + audience insights to develop an ongoing content strategy
- Create and source visual content (original graphics, videos, gifs)
- Write strong, punchy, and bold copy that drives a new audience, in addition to connecting with invested audiences
- Manage a weekly and monthly social media content calendar that is approved by the director
- Track key performance metrics on a weekly and monthly basis
- Proactively listen in on the social media space and propose new ideas and actionable opportunities to increase engagement, traffic and profitability
- Create and source content for NCLA’s subscribers
- Manage database
- Develop multimedia products, integrating text, computer graphics, conventional art, photographs, *or other media
- Create graphics (icons, banners, tiles, presentations, etc.) for digital and traditional marketing purposes
- Provide creative support in the development and maintenance of internal and external web-related projects including, but not limited to, website, landing pages and email campaigns
- Experience with podcasting a plus
Qualities/Skills Needed to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree with ideally 1-3 years of minimum related experience, a proven track record for driving growth and an eagerness to master your craft
- Professional understanding of digital platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn,YouTube and other emerging channels
- Understanding of marketing concepts, practices and procedures
- Proven track record of delivering highly creative content and multimedia marketing services
- Ability to organize projects in a systematic way to establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work on multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
- The ability to think creatively and conceptually to understand instructional needs and translate them into graphic and multimedia designs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, self-starter, flexible, and detail-oriented 24/7, results-oriented
- Preferred skills include a working knowledge of WordPress, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Animate, Premiere, After Effects, and Captivate, Meltwater, Audacity
- Visual design skills, interactive web content skills, problem solving and collaboration skills, and attention to detail.
- Travel is required less than 10% of the time.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF:
- Cover letter which specifically explains 1) your interest in NCLA’s work, 2) how your experience relates to the job description, and 3) your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Katelynn Barbosa, Talent Engagement Manager at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.