The Georgia Public Policy Foundation, established in 1991, has long promoted free-market solutions for education, health care, transportation, criminal justice and much more in our state. Our team produces a wealth of content about these and other topics. Now the Foundation seeks a new team member to grow our digital audience, ensuring our ideas and principles are understood and embraced by the public and policymakers alike.
About the Opening
Our new position of Digital Media Specialist is the perfect position for a digital native ready to take the next step of professional growth in the liberty movement. This new team member will spend most of their time creating and executing a strategy to expand the Foundation’s presence on social media, which currently includes accounts on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a track record of using compelling social-media content to drive awareness of, and engagement with, an organization’s work – managing interactions with online users with a cool head and steady hand. Bomb-throwers and troll-feeders need not apply. Nor, however, should the mealy-mouthed or philosophically unsure: This position requires someone who is not just comfortable with but passionate about promoting the Foundation’s vision of a state where innovation, entrepreneurship and creativity thrive and individuals flourish based upon strong property rights, free markets and equal opportunity for all.
The remainder of the job involves keeping our soon-to-be-revamped website up to date with the content our team produces, shooting and editing video, and creating simple but attractive visual graphics. This position is located at the Foundation’s office in Atlanta.
- Develop a new social-media strategy across multiple platforms, including: an audit of current strengths and weaknesses; a plan for increasing audience and engagement, particularly among younger users; and metrics for evaluating effectiveness; this role will be 75% focused on social media management.
- Create timely online content to convey the Foundation’s policy proposals and principles.
- Post regularly and effectively across multiple social-media platforms.
- Manage online engagements, including those with the occasional hostile or contrarian user.
- Safeguard the Foundation’s reputation for non-partisanship, attention to detail and factual accuracy, and avoidance of personal/ad hominem attacks.
- Update the Foundation’s website promptly and creatively with new content created by the team.
- Shoot and edit videos ranging from 30-second snippets (short messages or excerpts from longer videos) to 60-minute recordings of our events for YouTube and other appropriate channels.
- Produce simple but attractive visuals, including infographics.
- Coordinate as needed with the Foundation’s development efforts.
Personal Skills and Qualifications:
- Passion for limited government, free enterprise and personal responsibility
- Self-propelled motor
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Results-oriented approach to setting priorities and managing time
- Rapid response to current events or organizational needs
- Near-obsession with details and accuracy
- Cheerful disposition, particularly in online interactions
- Desire to work flexibly, learn constantly and serve enthusiastically on a team
- Aversion to leaving tasks incomplete
Professional Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 2-3 years of experience, with an emphasis on social-media management for an organization
- Demonstrated success with past social-media campaigns
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, social-media management platforms (e.g., Hootsuite), WordPress
To apply, qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in the position and salary requirements.
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions can be directed to Katy Ranville, Network Engagement Manager at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.