After 25 years of advancing the cause of liberty, MCPP is entering into a new era of greater leadership in the lives of all Mississippians across the Magnolia State. We are leveraging our past policy accomplishments and accelerating our advocacy so we can take on the enemies of liberty – in whatever form they take. Whenever and wherever entrepreneurs, parents, families and citizens are prevented from reaching for the lives they have imagined, we’ll be on the job aggressively defending those Mississippians – including taking action to protect constitutional rights through the Mississippi Justice Institute.
We are building a team of professional patriots – a talented and hard-working group of folks who want to make a difference for liberty and be part of a fast-moving organization dedicated to getting things done in Mississippi and beyond. If you’ve got skills, initiative and spunk and you believe in free market solutions, we should talk.
About the Opening
MCPP is currently searching for a Development Manager to help assist the organization’s fundraising efforts. This is an excellent position for a junior level person to really launch their career in development.
The Development Manager will work closely with the CEO on the leveraging of technology, database management, prospect research, event coordination, scheduling, grant writing, donor communications and office management. As the CEO’s background includes fundraising, this will be an amazing opportunity for the Development Manager to learn from and be mentored by an expert in the field.
The Manager will also work with the VP for Policy, the Communications Director, and the Executive Director of the Mississippi Justice Institute to develop winning strategies for articulating MCPP’s value to donors.
The Manager is based in Jackson, the capitol city, where MCPP is headquartered.
- Assist the CEO with daily operations of the organization’s fundraising activities, ensure things are running smoothly, deadlines are met, and opportunities are seized
- Assist with the foundation development program, including establishing relationships with aligned foundation program staff, researching new foundations, coordinating grant proposals, and providing necessary follow-up to grantors
- Oversee MCPP’s development database (Salesforce) to ensure information is up-to-date and accurate and CRM resources are full leveraged
- Manage all donor correspondence including thank you notes, requests for information, and general communication
- Identify and research donor prospects
- Help CEO cultivate new donors and maintain relationships with current donors, including scheduling meetings for the CEO with donors and potential donors
- Assist with the organization’s direct-mail program
- Assist with the planning and implementation of MCPP events
- Engage smaller donors directly via telephone with the goal of maintaining and growing their support
- Provide systematic revenue analysis and generate reports for CEO and board members
- Work with accounting staff to ensure development revenue and financial records are reconciled monthly
- 0-3+ years of experience – this is an entry/junior level role
- Experience in fundraising, outreach, external relations, or similar areas preferred
- Alignment with MCPP’s mission; passion for limited government and free markets
- Strong organizational skills and detail-orientation; ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRMs preferred
- Strong communications skills (both written and verbal)
- Entrepreneurial spirit; desire to learn and grow
- Positive attitude and eagerness to work as a member of a high energy/high growth team
- Competitive spirit; desire to succeed; commitment to excellence
- Preference for action and initiative
- Aversion to drama, procrastination, and other unproductive activities
To apply, qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in the position and salary requirements.
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions can be directed to Katy Ranville, Network Engagement Manager at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.