Excelsior! For the Empire Center for Public Policy (EC), this isn’t just an empty state motto. Excelsior means ever upward, and we live that every day. Since 2005, EC’s team has fought to make New York a better place to live and work. We believe that promoting public policy reforms grounded in free-market principles, personal responsibility and the ideals of effective and accountable government is the only way to save our state.
About the Role
EC is looking for a principled and ambitious person to join our entrepreneurial, energetic and dedicated development team. The successful candidate will provide support for and enhance the capacity of the Empire Center’s fundraising team. It’s a great opportunity for someone with the right skills who wants to advance a mission they are passionate about. The Development Coordinator will report to the Development Director.
The specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with development research and screening
- Provide support to the development director and executive director through a variety of ways that may include:
- Handling correspondence as needed
- Preparing materials for meetings
- Processing contributions and donations
- Assisting with cultivation activities and requests for support
- Working with the team to develop and update proposals
- Developing a baseline stewardship program for supporters
- Support mail and phone appeal activities by:
- Planning and implementing direct mail campaigns
- Screening and researching prospective supporters
- Maintain existing files and databases
- Plan and implement cultivation, engagement and stewardship events
- Participate in strategy sessions for past and current supporters, helping the development team identify and implement strategic stewardship and cultivation opportunities
The successful candidate will:
- Have 0-3 years of experience (internships may be considered experience)
- Value integrity
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Want to work in a fast-paced environment where people care about their work and colleagues.
- Professional development is available for the right candidate
- The position is based in Albany, but exceptional candidates will be considered for work in a virtual office
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing:
- Candidate background
- Interest in the position
- Compelling case for why the applicant would excel in this position
- Salary requirements for this entry-level position
- Three references including phone number and email address for each
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Network Engagement Manager at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.