The Independent Institute is a non-profit, non-partisan, public-policy research and educational organization. Their mission is to boldly advance peaceful, prosperous, and free societies grounded in a commitment to human worth and dignity. They are is currently seeking an energetic and detail-oriented administrator and enthusiastic communicator with a desire to advance that mission.
About the Role
The Development Manger reports to the Development Director and is responsible for foundation fundraising. This includes grant writing, managing foundation relationships, and identifying new foundation funding for the Independent Institute.
- Grant writing & reporting: Write proposals, letters of inquiry and other appeals for funding key initiatives. Record grant reporting requirements, maintain reporting calendar, write and submit reports.
- Identify and Develop projects for grant proposals: work collaboratively internally across Independent’s departments and Centers in gathering information and supporting materials for developing grant requests and reports to grantors;
- Research & Relationship Building: research new foundation and grant prospects to identify and match Independent projects with prospect interests; initiate and develop relationships for successful new funding partnerships;
- Relationship Management: Understand relationships and maintain appropriate contact with foundation leadership and program officers;
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred coursework in Political Science or Economics
- 0-3 years of experience
- An understanding of the mission of the Independent Institute, our public policy goals, and the free-market/liberty movement
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, combined with exceptional initiative, savvy, and creativity
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills
- The ability to manage many tasks simultaneously
- A positive, solutions-oriented attitude
- Grant writing experience strongly preferred, but not necessarily required
The Independent Institute offers a competitive salary and benefits.
To apply, qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter – The cover letter should explain why Independent Institute is the place for you, why you want to fight for liberty, and what distinguishes you from typical applicants. Please also include your salary requirements.
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions can be directed to Katy Ranville, Network Engagement Manager at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.