The Empire Center for Public Policy is looking for a Development Director to work in our Albany, NY office or virtually from any part of the great state of New York. This is an amazing opportunity for the right person to play a pivotal role in building capacity for a growing organization and to help change the trajectory of New York.
The right candidate – a passionate, energetic, organized and personable individual – will work in close collaboration with the Executive Director and development team to expand upon current fundraising efforts, with a focus on expanding the overall donor database, so that the Center can meet its aggressive growth goals.
Other duties for this role will include but not be limited to:
- Cultivating partner relationships through phone calls, correspondence and in-person visits – the successful candidate will get to spend at least fifteen percent of their time visiting with partners throughout the Empire State
- Planning and coordinating events and other outreach initiatives
- Researching, writing, submitting, and managing grant program
- Overseeing management of the development database
- Overseeing partner research and identifying prospects
- Development and execution of solicitation campaigns, including direct mail
- Development and tracking budgetary goals in line with strategic priorities
You will have a passion for liberty and will understand the importance and nuances of the Center’s research. We are open to someone without fundraising experience who possesses strong interpersonal and communication skills – but be ready to sell us on why your background and experience is transferrable to development and fundraising!
The ideal candidate will also have:
- 3+ years of professional work experience; experience in fundraising preferred but not required
- Outstanding communication skills; both written and verbal
- Strong organization and an eye for detail
- High initiative
- Clear interpersonal skills
- Mature judgment
- Ability to produce work on often tight deadlines
- Integrity in managing sensitive and confidential information
- Strong philosophical alignment with the Empire Center; passion for, understanding of, and ability to convey the principles of limited government, personal responsibility and free enterprise
- A bachelor’s degree
Training and mentoring by development professionals and consultants will be available and ongoing for the right candidate. The Empire Center pays a competitive salary and provides excellent benefits: health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, a generous 401k plan, life insurance and accrued vacation and sick leave. EC is an equal-opportunity employer.
To apply, qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing candidate background, interest in the position, a compelling case for why the applicant would excel in this position, and salary requirements
- At least three references
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions can be directed to Lauren Skiver, Talent Manager with Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.