Description: The Texas Public Policy Foundation is seeking a Director of Digital Communications for immediate hire. This position will lead TPPF’s digital communication efforts, focusing on building an engaged community across digital with creative and compelling content. The ideal candidate will be flexible, entrepreneurial, proactive, positive, possess a high degree of personal accountability, and be mission-focused. This position will report to TPPF’s director of communications. Ideally this position will be based in TPPF’s headquarters in Austin, however a virtual office arrangement will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Digital marketing strategy:
- Design and implement digital marketing campaigns including budgeting, audience profiling and targeting, conversion workflows and benchmarking, and message development and testing.
- Develop and execute channel-specific digital strategies focused on growing highly engaged communities.
- Take ownership of the digital presence for TPPF and campaigns, drive engagement at scale by executing all day-today priorities including creating and scheduling posts, moderating and responding to comments, etc.
- Direct email marketing strategies to increase open-rates and clicks, strategically segment users for targeted email marketing sends and leverage audience data to personalize the email experience.
- Compile meaningful analytics and create visualization to understand how inbound marketing activity turns users into donors and advocates and continually refine the process to reduce costs and increase conversions.
- Website and SEO:
- Consult on new website construction, coordinate with website development contractors and TPPF department staff, and optimize existing websites’ discoverability to increase traffic.
- Implement and analyze A/B or multi-variate tests in advertising and on TPPF’s website properties to offer insight to the marketing, government affairs and development teams.
- Manage execution of organic search strategies, perform regular site audits, keyword research, optimize onsite content and report SEO performance. This includes the management of TPPF’s Google Grant and Google My Business posts.
- Direct the foundation’s use of HubSpot (Marketing CRM) by developing innovative solutions to problems, monitoring and correcting imports, developing streamlined processes for database updates, creating automated workflows, enhancing audience usage, and designing email and landing page templates.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications and/or journalism preferred
- 4+ years’ experience in digital communications, preferably public policy or political digital communications
- Deep knowledge of Facebook Insights, Twitter and Google Analytics, and other measurement tools
- Familiarity with HTML, WordPress, and all social media platforms
- Knowledge of principles of SEO
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover Letter detailing:
- your interest in the position and the mission of Texas Public Policy Foundation,
- specific examples you’ve worked on of website development and / or digital campaigns and metrics of these projects’ successes,
- your preferred location for a digital office (if applicable), and
- your salary requirements.
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Lauren Skiver, Talent Manager at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.