PragerU is the world’s leading conservative nonprofit that is focused on changing minds through the creative use of digital media. Taking full advantage of today’s technology and social media, we educate millions of Americans and young people about the values that make America great.
We promote American values through the creative use of educational videos that reach millions of people online. Serving all ages, our content offers a free alternative to the dominant left-wing ideology in culture, media, and education. Whether you’re searching for a deeper understanding, a new perspective, or a way to get involved, PragerU helps people think and live better. To learn more about PragerU, visit http://prageru.com.
About the Chief of Staff Opening:
We are looking for an experienced executive who has served in Chief of Staff and/or Chief Operating Officer capacities to help optimize our organization’s ongoing operations, procedures and metrics. The ideal candidate has no ego and can roll up their sleeves in a growing organization where no job is too small or too large, and work closely with the CEO (who this role reports to) on day-to-day operations. We need someone who is strong in anticipating issues, and averting problems before they arise and is able to ‘direct traffic’ inside the organization.
This position is based in Encino, CA and the new hire will work in the Encino office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review the CEO and team/production calendar daily/weekly, and anticipate/optimize for work operations taking into account CEO & team needs, availability, and highest priority projects
- Work with program teams on ensuring we are optimizing for the best metrics on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis
- Be attuned to the unique nature of a fundraising organization, and work closely with fundraising team in relation to the Office of CEO to push efficiency in all key touchpoints in regards to how we work – donor meetings in person, events, meeting travel, etc.
- Learn and engage as needed with our most valuable donor base and cultivate relationships with and without CEO
- Draft/proofread the most important internal/external communications for accuracy and impact, and take part in creation of our annual/bi-annual reports
- Structure and organize our quarterly board meetings including onsite coordination and BOD member attendance and communication
- Work with content production/marketing team to increase operational efficiency wherever needed
- Foster process for strategic planning as needed, and ensure alignment between fundraising and programs
- 7+ years of management experience, including working with companies of 100+ staff and $50M+ revenues
- Impeccable writing/communication skills, organizational skills, project management skills
- Zero ego, and highly professional judgment – know when to pull CEO in for guidance and when to make quick decisions and move things forward
- Hunger/driven to succeed – this role works closely with the CEO and thus requires an individual who has the same level of hunger to succeed, passion for the cause/company and will put in the time/effort as needed for a ‘Company First’ mentality
- Strong passion for our vision/mission, strong Conservative, pro-American values and knowledge of our digital footprint
- Passion for PragerU’s mission
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file:
- Cover letter explaining how your values align with ours, why you would want to specifically work at PragerU, and your salary requirements
Submit your application to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Katelynn Barbosa, Director of Talent Engagement, at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.