Young Voices’ mission is to cultivate the next generation of thought leaders for liberty in policy, journalism, and academia. We do so by providing writing training, editing, and media placement services to aspiring pundits ages 18-35. Founded in 2013, our Contributors are regularly featured on Fox and Sinclair stations and in USA Today, among other outlets.
About the Role
Young Voices is searching for an experienced Chief Operating Officer to serve as the lead supervisor and human resources manager for the organization as well as assist the Executive Director with operations and strategy. The COO will work closely with the Executive Director to plan for the future of the organization promoting the careers of rising leaders for liberty in media. As such, the COO could potentially succeed the Executive Director in the case of a leadership transition.
The ideal candidate will have five or more years of experience in operations management and/or development. They will share a strong commitment to the ideas of individual liberty and limited government. This person would also be highly organized, detail-oriented, and display strong writing and editing skills. This role must be executed in person at Young Voices’ Washington, DC headquarters or their New York City satellite office with the option to work 1-2 days from home.
- Managing hiring and personnel for the organization, including payroll, benefits, and compliance
- Working with Young Voices’ accountants and contractors for regular expense and bank reconciliations
- Supervising Young Voices’ middle managers with weekly check-ins and 6-month performance reviews
- Assisting the Executive Director with strategic and operational planning for individual programs and the organization as a whole
- Assisting with the Executive Directors’ board and donor relationships to ensure regular communication and engagement
- 5+ years of experience in operations and/or development
- Willingness to travel regularly for conferences and other networking opportunities (25% travel)
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Mission alignment is critical; strong commitment to individual liberty and limited government is required
- Ability to multitask and set priorities
- Attention to detail
- Experience with Quickbooks and Salesforce is a plus
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing your qualifications, your interest in this position and Young Voices’ mission, and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions can be directed to Lydia Ocampo, Outreach Specialist at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide consulting and recruiting services at no cost to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that clearly and directly focus on advancing the principles of economic freedom, free enterprise, free trade, free speech, property rights, rule of law, and limited regulation.