Nevada Policy’s mission is to effectively promote policies that encourage free-market solutions, protect individual liberties, and eliminate unnecessary governmental restrictions on the citizens and businesses of Nevada.
To accomplish this mission, we:
- Use fact-based information to create policy and to educate the public.
- Analyze legislation, regulation, and litigation to inform citizens of Nevada about intended and unintended consequences.
- Leverage social and public media to inform current and future citizens of Nevada.
- Collaborate with other like-minded organizations to leverage freedom promoting policies and laws.
- Advocate for policies that unleash the creative power of free markets and free people.
- Concentrate our work on areas that have profound impact on the freedoms of Nevadans: state budgetary concerns, school choice, taxation, criminal justice reform, and transparency in government.
Nevada Policy is now seeking a new team member to be in charge of and grow our Communications department, ensuring our ideas and principles are understood and embraced by the public and policymakers alike.
About the Role
We are looking for a qualified Communications Director to take the lead in managing and growing our communications department. The ideal candidate will have the skills to maintain our various media outlets (social media, podcasts, webinars, nevadapolicy.org, local media outlets, etc.) as well as the knowledge or ability to take Nevada Policy to new audiences. We wish to move beyond conservative or libertarian, we seek a new message, a fresh perspective that wins both hearts or minds for individual rights and free markets.
Nevada Policy is seeking bold ideas. We wish to be a comms shop backed-up by policy. This is not your father’s think tank. You must have sense that the country and Nevada is at a critical turning point, with ideas on how to create a new positive direction.
The Communications Director can work from Nevada Policy’s Las Vegas office or from a virtual office. A Communications Director working remotely will be expected to visit the Las Vegas office a minimum of 2 times a year, but as much as 4 times a year.
- Manage, coordinate, and direct a small staff, interns, outside consultants and freelancers
- Create a communications department strategy and coordinate a timeline
- Coordinate, write, edit, and publish various press releases, articles, programs announcements and other communications
- Draft, manage and direct our digital marketing and social media campaigns
- Oversee the Nevada Policy website to make sure it is routinely maintained, accurate and updated
- Assist in planning and executing the communication component for policy campaigns
- React to current news with urgency as issues arise
- Serve as primary contact for all media inquiries, included but not limited to radio shows, podcasts, webinars, and news interviews
- Create an image and maintain a tone in everything the public sees about Nevada Policy
- Create messages for sub-audiences and demographic groups that are part of the targeted plan
- 2-3 years of experience in managing staff
- 3+ years of experience in a communications role, executing some of the responsibilities listed above
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to edit and direct other’s work
- Ability to collaborate effectively and efficiently with other members of the organization
- Time management and organizational skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Outlook, Adobe Photoshop, WordPress, and Google Analytics
- Working knowledge of HubSpot and/or KEAP, landing pages, lead magnets and digital marketing
- Speaking skills a plus
- This position can be virtual but familiarity with Nevada a plus
- Expected travel: 2-4 times a year
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing your interest advancing Nevada Policy’s mission, your salary requirements, and your geographical preferences
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Claire Kittle Dixon, Executive Director of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.