The American Consumer Institute Center for Citizen Research (ACI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit educational and research institute with a mission to promote economic welfare by improving the understanding and impact that public policies and regulations have on consumers in a free market.
The Institute focuses on policy issues that affect society as a whole, and we seek to be a better and more reasoned voice for consumers by using economic tools and principles to find public policies that work best for consumers. More information about ACI is available online.
About the Role
ACI seeks a self-driven Communications Associate to assist in its communications and operations.
The Communications Associate will be responsible for helping ACI maintain a strong voice on social media, website editing and development, and drafting a variety of material for different audiences including press releases, newsletters, e-mail updates and targeting, and events.
This is an in-office, but hybrid, position based in Arlington, VA. Staff are in the office 2 days/week.
Reporting to ACI’s Communications Director and joining the communications team, the Communication Associate’s duties include:
- Developing marketing, social media, press releases, and events focusing on various policy topics, including antitrust, technology, energy, health care, and related areas of domestic policy
- Writing and disseminating ACI’s newsletter
- Providing editorial support for ACI’s analysts
- Maintaining the ACI website and blog posts
- Using Adobe Suite or other graphic tools to produce high-quality and appropriate graphical content for a range of mediums
- Editing videos with Premiere Pro
- Maintaining communications-related files, databases, and emails
- Writing op-eds, as needed
- 1+ years experience in communications, public relations, media relations, or a similar field
- Philosophical alignment with the mission of the American Consumer Institute and a strong commitment to advancing free-market policies
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Ability to convey complex legal and public policy issues to a broad audience
- Ability to multitask and set priorities
- Attention to detail
- Experience with social media, web content management systems, e-mail marketing services, WordPress, Mailchimp, or other publishing software is a plus
- Experience with Adobe Suite is also a plus
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials (in order) in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in the position and the mission of the American Consumer Institute, as well as your salary requirements
- A writing sample(s) amounting to at least 800 words
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions can be directed to Bailey Drouant, Outreach Manager at Talent Market, who is managing the search process: [email protected].
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide consulting and recruiting services at no cost to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that clearly and directly focus on advancing the principles of economic freedom, free enterprise, free trade, free speech, property rights, rule of law, and limited regulation.