The Moving Picture Institute is a modern-media production house and talent incubator that creates and supports high-impact film and video content designed to entertain, inspire, and educate audiences with captivating stories about human freedom.
About the Role
The Communications and Marketing Manager will work alongside the Director of Communications and Marketing, Allison Ryan, in the creation and execution of comprehensive communication and marketing strategies for both MPI generally and for MPI Original productions. This Manager will report to Ryan as well as the Executive Vice President, Nick Reid. This role is a full-time remote position but travel will be required as needed, including to MPI’s annual October event in New York.
Key responsibilities include creating written and visual materials for all of MPI’s audiences, conveying information and impact surrounding MPI and its films in order to solicit support, expand our networks, and grow our audiences. The Manager will work with MPI staff and third-party vendors to ensure that MPI’s materials and message are crafted to the highest standard and delivered on schedule.
Other responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
- Management of MPI social media properties, working with the Director to optimize expenditures with an eye toward reach and engagement
- Maintain and update the MPI website and all project-specific sites
- Produce MPI publications, such as social media posts, blog posts, website text, educational marketing emails, high-dollar donor emails, and emails to general list; this includes working with designers and printers as needed
- Write, proof, and edit written MPI communications materials to a high standard
- Ensure communications calendar is kept updated and projects are completed as marked
- Set communications goals and track impact, both quantitative and qualitative using a data-driven approach to refine strategy
- Assist in media outreach for MPI, responding in a timely manner to incoming inquiries, developing and maintaining meticulously crafted press lists, producing and distributing press pitches, and compiling press clippings
- Serve as Marketing Director for MPI’s comedy news channel We the Internet TV, working with the team and third party vendors to track impact of the channel across social media platforms, use data-driven approach to improve channel performance, publicize videos, and oversee weekly email outreach
The key goals of the position are:
- Work with the Director to create and manage a consistent and optimally effective digital strategy within MPI and across MPI’s audiences and constituencies;
- To write and produce materials that engage MPI supporters, filmmakers, and film audiences, moving them to support MPI, participate in programs, and watch MPI films.
- To capture and catalogue impact for use in development and communications materials.
Evaluation will center on Manager’s success in: effectively managing MPI social media properties and corresponding ad accounts, coordinating across programs and development to ensure consistency of brand and message, and timely management of and communication around calendars. In addition, attention to detail, overall efficiency in planning and execution of specific job areas, and ability to interact productively with co-workers will be taken into consideration when evaluating performance.
- 4+ years of experience in communications, must include digital marketing and social media
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in marketing, business, communications, or related field
- The ability to travel 2-3 weeks out of the year- this will vary based on candidate’s location
- Demonstrated success messaging effectively to mainstream audiences as well as donors and niche audiences
- Experience marketing film and/or digital content preferred
- Experience with data-driven approaches to marketing and communications
- Experience with tools such as Photoshop, InDesign, Salesforce, and Sprout a plus
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects, make good decisions, produce quality work on time, and collaborate
- Creativity and capacity for innovative problem-solving
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills, including copyediting and proofreading
- Deep knowledge of and passion for film and popular culture
- Passion for and alignment with the Moving Picture Institute’s mission
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- A cover letter detailing your experience, your interest in/passion for MPI’s mission, and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Network Engagement Manager at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.