Located in Jackson, the Mississippi Center for Public Policy (MCPP) is Mississippi’s free market think tank, advocating for the principles of limited government, liberty, and America’s Founding ideals for three decades. To learn more about the MCPP’s thirty-year efforts of advocating for freedom, look at our website: www.mspolicy.org
The Mississippi Center for Public Policy is looking to hire a Communications Specialist with a flair for producing engaging content across a variety of mediums and continuing to expand our audience. MCPP is looking to significantly step up its digital campaigning and output. The successful candidate will be key to making this happen. They will be conscientious, and able to focus on detail and work independently. Reporting to the Director of Communications, the role is based in our Jackson office, and the applicant would be expected to work from the office during normal office hours.
- Writing excellent copy, both as website articles and as press releases
- Creating digital content
- Digital distribution, promotion, and targeting, including assisting in the management of our presence across all social media platforms
- Audience acquisition and engagement
- Management of our email database and communications via Mailchimp
- Organize podcasts and videos for our weekly series, including booking guests
- Using software to create graphics, flyers, and posts to effectively promote articles and reports.
More important than any specific experience is a willingness to learn and be part of a fun, enthusiastic team.
- 0-4 years of experience; this role would likely suit an entry level candidate looking to begin a career in the think tank space, or someone with a couple years experience
- Understanding of social and web analytics reporting
- Ability to juggle multiple projects while effectively managing timelines and expectations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills Alignment with and passion for the mission or MCPP is critical
- Strong grasp of free market ideas and principles
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials as one PDF:
- Cover Letter detailing your interest in the position and the mission of MCPP
- Writing Sample no more than 5 pages in length; samples relevant to MCPP’s work preferred but any sample is acceptable
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Network Engagement Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.