The CO2 Coalition is looking for a motivated Associate to assist in directing our communications, managing our website and executing media outreach programs. The Coalition is a non-profit organization which promotes rational analysis of climate science and energy economics. The Associate will work closely with Coalition staff and leaders, who include some of the top experts researching and publishing the science that disputes the idea of catastrophic man-made warming. Anyone eager to be part of a rapidly expanding and effective team that is fighting back against the climate nonsense will find this an ideal opportunity with room for job advancement and career growth.
We are seeking an individual with a background in digital media and social media. A working knowledge of WordPress web software will be highly beneficial for this role. Strong writing/communication skills are a must. A science background, while not required, would also be a plus. The successful candidate will have a willingness to learn new skills and be highly self-motivated. We value drive, initiative and willingness to challenge conventional wisdom. Punctuality, reliability and professionalism are essential.
The Associate will work with contemporary and emerging social media platforms, most notably, Twitter and Facebook. This person will also work on paid and earned searches. The Associate will work closely with the Executive Director as the Coalition builds out and populates the new website and also work with our App Developer to create a new state-of-the art smartphone app. For this reason, strong knowledge around website building and development will make for a competitive candidate.
- Develop effective social and conventional media tactics and disseminate media messages
- Assist in populating/creating/designing the new website
- Assist in creation of new smartphone app
- Design marketing communications campaigns
- Create content (e.g., press releases) for mass media and/or Coalition website
- Increase outreach to Federal and local legislators
- Identify new target audiences
- Carry out research under the direction of senior Coalition leaders
- 0-4 years of experience
- Alignment with and passion for the Coalition’s mission and work is critical
- Bachelor’s degree required; a degree in science is a plus, communications related degrees also helpful
- Proven, demonstrable experience with social media campaigns (these may be from school projects or from work experience)
- Proven track record of successful teamwork and interaction with superiors
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience in copywriting and editing
- Solid skills in organization, planning and record-keeping
- Working knowledge of MS Office; knowledge of WordPress and photo/video-editing software is an asset
- Some travel to conventions and events outside of the DC metro area is expected
Compensation will be commensurate with experience; benefits include:
- Health insurance
- Paid vacation, Federal holidays and sick days
- Paid jury and bereavement leave
- Retirement matching contribution
- Parking or transportation subsidy
The office dress code is business casual, but outside appointments may require formal business attire. The office is in on the DC Metro line. Duties are during normal business hours with occasional but infrequent work on evenings and weekends.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in the position and your excitement for and alignment with CO2 Coalition’s mission
- Contact information, including both email and phone, for two references
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link:
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Network Engagement Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.