The Fairness Center is a nonprofit, public interest law firm offering free legal services to those hurt by public-sector union officials. Founded in 2014, the Fairness Center has represented, among other clients, teachers who want to do what they love without supporting a union with which they disagree; a local firefighters union who sought to disaffiliate from their state union; taxpayers who want their money to support education, not union activity; and religious objectors to unionism who want to support that in which they believe, not what union officials choose for them. The Fairness Center represents its clients both in the court of law and the court of public opinion. The Fairness Center is a national organization with a state focus. Currently, its lawyers are assisting clients in Pennsylvania and Connecticut.
The Fairness Center is now hiring a Communications Associate. This position will aid in the creation and distribution of content and help articulate the Fairness Center’s work and mission to the public, media, and other key audiences. The Communications Associate role can be executed from Philadelphia, Harrisburg, or, for the exceptional candidate, virtually.
- Develop public content including press releases, newsletters, articles, videos, and social media posts
- Develop relationships with media figures and aid in media distribution
- Assist in translating legal messaging to a non-legal public
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- 1-3+ years of communications, outreach, sales, or related experience (internships may be considered experience)
- Some travel may be required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Adobe Suite (preferred)
- High level of proficiency with digital mediums, including video
- Intermediate familiarity with basic web layout
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- An eye for graphic design
- Experience implementing communications plans
- Disciplined and discrete
- Alignment with and interest in the Fairness Center’s mission (legal experience not required)
- Highly collaborative style and ability to work independently when needed; self-starter mentality
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- A cover letter detailing your interest in the organization’s mission, why you are a good fit for this role, and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Please direct questions to Katelynn Barbosa, Talent Engagement Manager, Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.