About the Organization
CCHF is a non-partisan, free-market organization that promotes policy ideas consistent with the principles of limited government, individual liberty and free markets. Recognized as the leading free-market voice for patient-centered care and medical privacy rights, CCHF’s primary area of focus is health care policy, with an emphasis on freedom, free-markets and the medical privacy rights that protect patient and doctor freedom.
About the Role
The Citizens’ Council for Health Freedom (CCHF) seeks a Communications Specialist to plan and execute CCHF’s communications, marketing and outreach strategy and activities. This person will work closely with CCHF’s president and Legislative and Policy Manager to maximize the publicity and earned media of each project and initiative.
Qualified candidates must have a passionate commitment to free-market principles and have the skills and experience required to generate maximum media coverage for CCHF and its projects, including running campaigns to create movements that lead to policy changes. The Communications Specialist will also be expected to spearhead the promotions and marketing for CCHF’s projects and campaigns.
Salary will be commensurate with experience for all candidates. CCHF is located in St. Paul, Minnesota but also works at the national level. This role is based in St. Paul, MN.
- Build the quality and integrity of CCHF’s brand and messaging
- Work with CCHF’s leadership team to implement our strategic communications plan
- Serve as an articulate spokesperson for CCHF and its work, as needed
- Schedule television, podcast, print media, and radio interviews
- Create new and manage established contacts with media members through pitching press releases and building relationships
- Secure television, podcast, radio and print news coverage for CCHF’s press conferences, study releases, events and strategic initiatives
- Copy edit CCHF’s commentaries, postings, publications
- Coordinate CCHF’s educational and information campaigns
- Manage CCHF’s Website, Twitter, Facebook and other new-media accounts; weekly postings
- Create graphics for marketing, emails, videos and social media posts,
- Assist with event coordination and messaging for fundraising campaigns
- Assist with video production and editing
- Other responsibilities as determined by the president
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field
- 3-5+ years of communications/policy experience with a history of earning media coverage and creating innovative ways to turn policy ideas into stories and events that change public opinion
- Ability to travel occasionally (1-2 conferences / year) when regular travel resumes
- Ability to translate detailed and dry policy ideas into stories and PR events that earn news coverage
- Ability to make complex policy concepts easily understandable to the American public
- Exceptional copy-editing skills and strong writing ability
- Willingness to work outside of the 9-5 window when needed to secure media coverage and accomplish CCHF’s goals
- Self-starter, hard worker, team member
- Demonstrates efficient use of time with a high ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Positive attitude and eagerness to work as an influential member of our team
- Experience with design (Adobe InDesign, Canva, etc. for marketing)
- Established national and/or Minnesota media contacts are a plus
- Knowledge of health care policy is a plus
CCHF is an equal-opportunity employer.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Résumé with a focus on a candidate’s measurable accomplishments
- Cover letter detailing:
- Interest in the position, including level of dedication to the patient-centered mission of CCHF
- A compelling case for why the applicant is qualified and would excel in this position
- Salary requirements
- Two writing samples no more than 6 pages each; samples relating to CCHF’s work preferred, any writing samples are acceptable
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Network Engagement Manager at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.