Certell is a non-profit dedicated to advancing the principles of individual liberty, limited government, and free markets through unbiased and engaging curricula for teachers.
We believe that education is the foundation of a healthy and thriving society and that students deserve access to well-rounded and unbiased education that prepares them for their future as informed and engaged citizens. We are committed to providing students with a comprehensive, unbiased, and high-quality social studies education.
About the Role
Certell is seeking a motivated Donor Engagement Managerto join our team and help support our mission through effective fundraising strategies.
In collaboration with the Chief Philanthropy Officer, the Donor Engagement Manager will develop and execute effective fundraising strategies to acquire, cultivate, and secure contributions from a mid-level donor portfolio ($1k-$10k).
This is a full-time, fully virtual position from anywhere in the United States. Working hours are based in the Eastern Time Zone. The Donor Engagement manager will be expected to attend a staff retreat twice a year.
- Portfolio Management
- Maximize the performance of the portfolio through regular solicitations
- Upgrade portfolio management strategies
- Develop personalized stewardship plans to enhance donor retention and upgrade potential
- Monitor and track progress toward fundraising goals and provide regular reports
- Donor Communications
- Manage small mail and email fundraising campaigns
- Collaborate with the marketing department to create donor-centric digital and collateral materials
- Plan and manage small regional donor events, up to 6 times per year
- 1+ years of experience in fundraising or donor relations, with a proven track record of success
- High-dollar direct mail campaign experience is preferred but not required
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Passion for, and alignment with, the mission of Certell
- Proficiency in donor research tools and fundraising software (Donor Perfect, iWave)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and project management abilities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with strong interpersonal skills
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials (in order) in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in the position and the mission of Certell, as well as your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions can be directed to Bailey Drouant, Outreach Manager at Talent Market, who is managing the search: [email protected]
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide consulting and recruiting services at no cost to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that clearly and directly focus on advancing the principles of economic freedom, free enterprise, free trade, free speech, property rights, rule of law, and limited regulation.