CCHF is a non-partisan, free-market organization that promotes policy ideas consistent with the principles of limited government, individual liberty and free markets. Recognized as the leading free-market voice for patient-centered care and medical privacy rights, CCHF’s primary area of focus is health care policy, with an emphasis on freedom, free-markets and the medical privacy rights that protect patient and doctor freedom.
About the Role
This full-time position manages public policy, lobbying and government relations for the non-profit Citizens’ Council for Health Freedom (CCHF) – a national, patient-centered health care policy organization. The purpose of this position is to advance the free-market public policy agenda of CCHF in Minnesota and at the federal level. The Legislative and Policy Manager will be working in a shared office environment and will report to CCHF’s president. This position is located in St. Paul, MN
Major Areas of Responsibility
Major areas of responsibility vary by Congressional and Legislative calendars and may include the following:
- Maintain thorough and ongoing tracking of relevant state legislation
- Schedule, prepare and attend meetings with state and federal policy makers
- Prepare and deliver testimony at legislative hearings
- Conduct research on policy directives and statutory requirements
- Writing for legislative drafts, media projects, reports, research projects and memos, as necessary
- Collection and management of specific data for reports and projects
- General office assistance as needed
Required Knowledge and Skills
- At least one year of experience, preferably two in a related field
- Hours for this role will vary throughout the calendar year as necessary to attend events, legislative meetings, and more
- The ability to travel to Washington DC or out-of-state conferences approximately 10% of the year
- Excellent skills in verbal and written communication
- Ability to speak to groups of any size
- Attention to detail and organizational abilities
- Experience in research and writing (legislative drafting is a plus)
- Personable presence in conversations or discussions
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel…) / Basic computer skills, preferably both Mac and PC
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Experience and understanding of health policy and/or health care
- Strong understanding of the legislative process (or willingness to learn)
- Demonstrated experience in government relations or lobbying
- Management experience
- General knowledge of website and/or database management
CCHF is an equal-opportunity employer.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Résumé with a focus on a candidate’s measurable accomplishments
- Cover letter detailing:
- Interest in the position, including a passionate commitment to the mission of CCHF
- A compelling case for why the applicant is qualified and would excel in this position
- Salary requirements
- Two writing samples
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Network Engagement Manager at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.