For more than ten years, the Empire Center for Public Policy (EC) has been working to make New York a better place to live and work by promoting public policy reforms grounded in free-market principles, personal responsibility, and the ideals of effective and accountable government.
The Center seeks a research director, to work with leadership to: plan, grow, organize, and manage its research agenda. This is an exciting time to join a growing team working to expand its presence and impact in the state Capitol and throughout the state.
- 7+ years of experience in policy analysis/research or a related field
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, advanced degree in related field preferred
- In-depth knowledge of multiple public policy issues
- Experience managing experienced and inexperienced researchers
- Familiarity with the New York legislature or another state legislature
- Excellent interpersonal skill and relationships
- Proven ability to produce and oversee the production of fact-based work free from hyperbole, sensationalism, and politics