Is it just me or does it feel as though we are all in a terrible dystopian dream? Reading the news of human suffering, seeing once thriving businesses shuttered, feeling trapped inside our homes…it’s a lot to take in.
But everything is not as dire as it seems.
The free-market nonprofit universe is a resilient one. In fact, plenty of organizations are still hiring. The liberty movement is entrepreneurial and driven to make the world a better place. And no crisis, not even a pandemic, will put a stop to that.
Since this unique time presents its own challenges, we’ve compiled a list of advice and resources that will be helpful to you as you search for jobs in the coming weeks. Please let us know if there are other resources that would be valuable.
Talent Market’s Job Opportunities
- If you’re looking for new opportunities, make sure Talent Market has your latest information
- If you’re not already on Talent Market’s newsletter list, now is a good time to sign-up
- You can always find our current list of openings here
General Job Searching Tips and Resources
- Talent Tip #123: What Does COVID-19 Mean for Hiring in the Free-Market Nonprofit Sector?
- Advice for Young Professionals Job Hunting During COVID-19
- Job Hunting Resources
- Job Seeking Tips
- Free-Market Nonprofit Directory
- Talent Tip #112: Four Things to Do Before You Apply For Your Next Job
Résumé and Cover Letter Advice
- Résumé Tips
- Preparing Your Résumé and Cover Letter
- Talent Tip #111: Take Your Resume to 11
- Talent Tip #100: Your Resumé: A Chance to Tell a Clear, Logical Story About Your Career
- Talent Tip #89: Becoming Billy Shakespeare: Crafting a Powerful Cover Letter
- Talent Tip #61: Google This: How to Create a Winning Resume
- Talent Tip #124: Advice for Dominating Virtual Interviewing (Especially in the Age of COVID-19)
- Interviewing Tips
- Talent Tip #104: Don’t Fall in the Homestretch: 5 Tips to Winning the Interview Process
- Talent Tip #85: Eight Questions to Ask Before You Commit (Advice for Interviewing and Dating)
- Talent Tip #86: Seven MORE Questions to Ask Before You Commit (Advice for Interviewing and Dating)
- Talent Tip #98: What NOT to Wear To an Interview