The mission of the Buckley Institute is to promote intellectual diversity and freedom of speech at Yale University. We aim to foster robust and open debate, provide a home for enlightened conservative thought, and expose students to often-unvoiced views. We believe that genuine intellectual diversity is essential for advancing critical inquiry and seek to challenge ideological complacency wherever it exists.
About the Opening
The Buckley Institute is seeking a Development Associate to join our growing team. We are seeking an enthusiastic self-starter who will be a polished and professional ambassador for our efforts. The Development Associate will play an important role in executing the Buckley Institute’s development plan to drive support for the organization. Duties will span donor research, cultivation, solicitation, and communications. The Associate will help the organization strengthen its relationships with existing donors, engage alumni, and expand the number of donors. This position reports to the Director of Development.
- Donor stewardship and recognition (including personal thank you notes) to ensure strong retention rates
- Develop strong relationships with donors through phone calls and meetings, with the goal of increasing engagement with the Buckley Institute
- Solicit support to meet the Buckley Institute’s goals
- Working with communications team, assist in creating and editing annual reports, letters, email blasts, newsletters, brochures, and other materials
- Draft donor/foundation proposals and reports
- Liaise with designer and printer on the production of mailings
- Coordinate mailing lists
- Develop and expand young alumni giving society
- Conduct research on donors and prospects to identify opportunities as well as prepare Executive Director and Director of Development for meetings
- Update donor database
- Assist with planning and executing annual gala and other events attended by donors and alumni including receptions and reunion events
- Collaborate with Director of Development in responding to inquiries from donors, alumni, and prospects
- Create reports to track results of fundraising campaigns and progress toward overall fundraising goals
- Attend and assist with set up and registration at major organization events including the annual Disinvitation Dinner and conference
- Other duties as requested
- 2+ years of professional work experience; related experience preferred, internships may be considered experience
- Outstanding communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, meet deadlines, multi-task, and follow through
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and sound judgment
- Responsible, honest, and dependable
- Ability to maintain confidential information and high degree of professionalism
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience with eTapestry or similar donor database a plus
- Ability to travel roughly 5% of the time
- Enthusiastic philosophical alignment with and passion for the principles of the Buckley Institute
- A bachelor’s degree
The projected salary range for this role is $50,000 to $65,000 in addition to competitive benefits including a matching SIMPLE IRA plan, PTO, and health and dental insurance. Salary is contingent upon the specific skills and experience of the selected candidate. This is a chance to join our team at an exciting time for our growing organization.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials (in order) in one
- Cover letter describing your interest in the position, alignment with the mission of the Buckley Institute, and salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Director of Outreach at Talent Market, who is managing the search process: [email protected].
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide consulting and recruiting services at no cost to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that clearly and directly focus on advancing the principles of economic freedom, free enterprise, free trade, free speech, property rights, rule of law, and limited regulation.