About BLEXIT Foundation:
BLEXIT Foundation is a $5m non-profit organization that is growing rapidly and has achieved historic strides in bringing American values to African-American communities across the nation. BLEXIT Foundation, founded by Candace Owens & Brandon Tatum, advances the message that African-American communities in the USA have for too long been dependent on government and the enlargement of the State.
About the Development Director Opening:
BLEXIT has been incredibly successful in raising major gifts from individuals who support our mission. Now it’s time to take our fundraising to the next level (we are looking to grow the budget 10% over the next three years). We seek a self-motivated fundraising professional who can help us build a robust fundraising strategy for the future. This is a unique opportunity to take advantage of BLEXIT’s tremendous success, develop a strategic fundraising plan, and build a development department.
The Development Director will initially be the sole BLEXIT staff member focused on development responsibilities and will report to the BLEXIT CEO. The Development Director will work from a virtual office alongside a staff of 8 who all work virtually.
- Create and execute a comprehensive fundraising strategy including individual giving, foundation giving, online giving, campaigns, events, direct mail, etc to raise necessary annual revenue for BLEXIT
- Identify aligned foundations, build relationships with foundation staff, and author grant proposals championing BLEXIT’s work
- Identify, cultivate, and meet with prospective major gift supporters alongside Candace Owens and Brandon Tatum, who will continue to remain involved and eager to meet with donors
- Implement systems for prospecting, solicitation, and graduated gift giving for all donors
- Oversee relationships with outside vendors/development contractors/consultants, including online giving vendor
- Plan and implement fundraising campaigns throughout the year in concert with BLEXIT staff and third-party vendors
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgment letters and other correspondence
- Help compile guests lists for events and attend events led by BLEXIT’s Live Events Director as required
- 5+ years of fundraising experience
- Understanding of all facets of fundraising including individual giving, foundation giving, online giving, campaigns, events, direct mail, and annual giving
- 3+ years of experience in successful and verifiable solicitation of major gifts
- Excellent relationship builder who is comfortable picking up the phone to cold call a prospective donor
- Independent worker who can thrive working remotely
- Motivated and enthusiastic about the BLEXIT Mission
- Willingness to travel 30%
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in database management and software
- Proficient in development communications including digital and social media posts/messaging
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF file:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in the position, BLEXIT Foundation’s mission, and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Katelynn Barbosa, Director of Talent Engagement at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.