BLEXIT Foundation is looking for a mid-level accounting professional, based in downtown Washington DC or Nashville, TN, who will be responsible for the day-to-day
accounting functions of the Foundation. This position will be directly answerable to the Group Treasurer of the Foundation. The position would also involve managing some human resource-related functions including Payroll, employee on-boarding and termination, and co-ordination of the group audit.
This position can be based in Washington, DC or Nashville, TN and the new hire will be expected to be in the office at least one day a week.
About the Blexit Foundation:
BLEXIT Foundation is a $5m non-profit organization that is growing rapidly and has achieved historic strides in bringing American values to African-American communities across the nation. BLEXIT Foundation, founded by Candace Owens & Brandon Tatum, advances the message that African-American communities in the USA have for too long been dependent on government and the enlargement of the State. BLEXIT is looking for an accounting professional who is excited about this mission and can respond to a fast paced, changing corporate environment and who is willing to grow alongside the organization. The candidate who would be best suited to this will need strong organizational skills, good time management, a firm grasp of accounting principles and the ability to manage multiple workflows.
- Manage a monthly financial close process including bookkeeping and account reconciliations
- Manage human resources functions including payroll via a payroll platform and employee on-boarding and termination
- Prepare financial statements and custom reports when required
- Assist and support with the preparation of the annual 990
- Assist with the performance of various executive, managerial, and administrative tasks
- Manage day-to-day account payables
- 0-5 years of accounting and/ or financial services experience – relevant internships or work prior to graduation
- Passionate about Blexit Foundation’s mission
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, Quickbooks, Zenefits, Paychex)
- Degree in accounting, finance or business strongly preferred
- Prior experience with knowledge of accounting requirements for nonprofits would be preferentially treated
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF:
- Cover letter detailing: a) your interest in this position, b) your interest in/commitment to the mission of Blexit Foundation and c) salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: http://www.talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Katelynn Barbosa, Talent Engagement Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.