America’s Future Foundation (AFF) provides a empowering, supportive community for ambitious young professionals that share our principles of limited government, personal responsibility, and individual freedom. We believe positive change starts at the local level, and we are dedicated to serving like-minded people as they advance their careers and lead our country and economy into the future. Through a robust network of chapters across the country, and a growing roster of high quality leadership development offerings, AFF provides the community, professional experience, and principled ideas you need to grow your career and ascend to new heights.
About the Role
America’s Future Foundation seeks a talented, entrepreneurial, and energetic applicant to fill the role of Community Growth Manager (CGM). In this role, the CGM will be responsible for developing a flourishing community of freedom-loving young professionals both at the chapter level and nationally across the United States.
The Community Growth Manager will play an important role in fostering the nationwide network of chapters, from scouting and launching in new cities to supporting and encouraging our existing network of chapters to grow in caliber and reach new audiences. The CGM will serve to inspire deeper interaction with a chapter’s local community and develop programming to assist chapters in bigger, better, and more impactful events.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design outreach events that introduce AFF to new audiences
- Support the needs of existing 27 chapters both in an administrative and coaching capacity
- Keep detailed and timely records of chapter activities and impact
- Manage budget and accounting processes for chapters
- Oversee the full lifecycle of launching new chapters from identifying potential leaders to assessing the market, to chapter launch
- Design and execute the annual chapter leader retreat
- Build relationships with coalition partners to expand AFF’s reach
- Promote the work of chapters and leaders across AFF’s platforms
- Ensure AFF brand and mission alignment across chapters and events
- Represent AFF and further its brand at networking conferences or chapter events around the country; up to 5 trips/year
Job Experience should include:
- 5-8 years of experience in alumni engagement, community organizing, external affairs or coalition relations preferred.
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to work well with younger people, including mentoring and teaching
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple ongoing projects and tasks at once
- Entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit
- Detail-oriented experience in managing programs or other multifaceted events with limited oversight
- Familiarity with libertarian and conservative ideas, organizations, and publications
- Social media experience and familiarity with Salesforce is a plus
America’s Future Foundation offers an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and flexible work environment. While AFF is headquartered in Washington, DC, our team is spread across the country and remote work is an option. Applicant must be available for travel throughout the year. Because chapter leaders volunteer their time, work hours must be flexible to best accommodate their needs. Benefits include health insurance coverage, retirement matching, and an unlimited vacation policy.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter should include answers to the following questions:
- What is the most inspiring event you have participated in?
- Why must future generations embrace freedom?
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Network Engagement Manager at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.