We’re working toward a time in America where young people collaborate to drive change in their communities – change that equips the individual to build a free and happy life, free from government force or handouts. We are seeking a mid-level development professional to join our growing and dynamic team as we pursue this mission.
America’s Future seeks an entrepreneurial self-starter with sales or development experience to lead its major gift prospecting efforts. The Donor Relations manager will lead AF’s efforts to establish relationships with potential donors, grow its donor base, and significantly increase annual revenue. This role will report directly to the Director of Development and work closely with the Executive Director. The Donor Relations Manager has the option to work remotely or from AF’s Washington, DC headquarters. Occasional travel required.
- Cold calling prospective donors to secure meetings for AF’s Executive Director
- Managing timely and coordinated outreach through email and mailings
- Consistently maintaining records, pipelines, and metrics in Salesforce CRM
- Submitting LOIs and proposals to prospective donors where appropriate
- Researching and qualifying new leads
- Managing a digital fundraising firm and following up on all online leads generated
- Scripting call and meeting pitches to help craft the most compelling case for support
- Generating, through above activities, an additional $500,000 in AF revenue the first year and $1 million after two years
Qualifications & Skills:
- 3-7 years of experience in one-to-one sales or fundraising
- A passion for advancing the mission of America’s Future
- High comfort level with making introductory phone calls to high-net worth individuals, making requests over the phone, and the ability to maintain a positive and persistent attitude even when faced with rejection
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- A team player who thrives on clear communication and strategic planning
- An entrepreneurial spirit, strong work ethic, and capacity to prioritize and balance multiple projects and effectively and meet deadlines and goals
- Strong analytical skills, organizational skills, and superb attention to detail
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Knowledge of G Suite, Salesforce, and Hubspot a plus
AF’s HQ is in Washington, DC, but our team is spread across the country. Working for AF is fast-paced, fun, and rewarding. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits package, plus an unlimited vacation policy.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials as PDFs:
- Cover Letter detailing your interest in the position and the mission of AF and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Network Engagement Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.