You: You’re a data-minded conversationalist. You have a proven digital marketing track record and a passion for storytelling and building community. You not only have the vision to create engaging content but the technical knowledge of how to distribute it. You like producing and appearing in social media content just as much as you love digging into the analytics – and you want to work somewhere that will empower you to do both.
Us: America’s Future (AF) empowers young people to be active, civil, and curious citizens who build freer communities that lead to fulfillment, dignity, and happiness for all, and we’re looking for a creative and entrepreneurial Communications and Social Media Manager to grow and engage our online community. We see digital communications not as an end in itself but as a tool to connect people to ideas, opportunities, and each other in order to make an impact in their communities. We have an HQ in Washington, DC, but our team is spread across the country, and we embrace remote work. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits package plus an unlimited vacation policy.
The role: The Communications and Social Media Manager will oversee the life of AF’s digital content from start to finish – from brainstorming ideas and forming strategies, to content creation, to building and executing campaigns and measuring their success. They will create an identity and community around AF’s content across platforms and channels, impacting more people and deepening engagement in the process. The ideal candidate will feel as comfortable with the technical aspects of communication in the year 2021 as they do with articulating free-market ideas and facilitating conversations.
- Create a strategic vision for AF’s social media accounts, both existing and potential new platforms, in order grow AF’s audience, increase engagement, and meet organizational goals
- Work with the director of marketing and blog editor to brainstorm content ideas and campaigns
- Execute daily social media posting and cultivate conversations (e.g., active commenting, Facebook Group engagement)
- Email management – including setting up funnels, writing copy, building and sending emails, and email list management
- Video creation – including hosting Facebook/Instagram live videos and interviews, creating short social media videos, and overseeing video production with contractors
- Manage paid digital marketing campaigns to raise awareness around AF and its programs as well as conversion to actions such as program applications or paid memberships
- 2-5 years of experience in communications or marketing, with an emphasis in social media and digital marketing
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with a knack for storytelling
- Expertise in digital ads including Facebook/Instagram and Google
- Proven success in increasing engagement and growing community on social media
- Experience with planning and executing marketing funnels
- Familiarity with marketing platforms such as Hubspot
- Capable of working independently in a remote environment
- Graphic design experience is a plus (if you can at least poke your way around Canva, that’s good)
- Video production experience is a plus
To apply, qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing:
- Your interest in the position and organization
- Salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions can be directed to Stephanie Keaveney, Network Engagement Strategist at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.