About the Organization
ACRE is a state focused research center housed in the College of Business of the University of Central Arkansas in Conway, Arkansas. ACRE scholars and policy analysts use research and analysis to find solutions for Arkansas’s problems. Our research focuses on barriers to employment, taxes and subsidies, and government transparency. We educate and provide resources for students, teachers, voters, activists, legislators, and business leaders.
ACRE promotes solutions that respect the personal and economic freedoms of individuals because protecting and expanding these freedoms has a proven record of improving the lives of people around the world and here at home.
About the Role
ACRE is searching for its next Communications Manager to lead our communications projects. This position will lead the creation and distribution of content and help articulate ACRE’s work and mission to the public, media, and other key audiences. The Manager will work closely with senior management to advance ACRE’s goals by engaging and expanding its audience through proactive, effective, and systematic external communications programs and activities.
The ideal candidate will be located in, or willing to relocate to central Arkansas (Little Rock or Conway or surrounding areas). For exceptional candidates, ACRE will consider remote work arrangements, with the expectation that the Communications Manager will spend a significant amount of time in Arkansas during the state legislative session during odd numbered years (2021, 2023, etc.) from January-April.
- Lead the development and execution of ACRE’s communications plan.
- Pitch ACRE people and products to Arkansas media (TV, radio, print publications)
- Create consistent content for website and social media, including project impact stories and program summaries.
- Work with graphic designers and video editors to prepare a variety of digital and print communications materials.
- Participate in ACRE-related online forums and groups.
- Collaborate with ACRE associates to develop responses to posts, comments and messages to ensure quality of all communications.
- Create full analysis of how social media efforts and marketing plan are performing.
- Help identify beneficial relationships and opportunities within the Arkansas legislature, community groups, policy makers and other project partners.
- Other duties as assigned to advance ACRE’s mission.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-2 years relevant work experience (internships may be considered experience)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Associated Press Style for media purposes
- Knowledge of print and graphic layout design including data visualizations
- Experience with editing website content
- Experience maintaining a professional social media presence
- Project management experience
- Ability to work within strict timelines and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams
- Limited travel for local candidates, remote candidates will need to be in Arkansas the legislative session every two years
Salary and Compensation
Starting salary is competitive depends upon experience and education level. ACRE offers a flexible, professional, supportive work environment that encourages creativity and provides substantial opportunity for professional growth. ACRE also offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes employer-paid comprehensive health, dental, and life insurance, the ability to participate in flexible spending accounts, long-term disability and life insurance, vision care and other supplemental insurance options and retirement savings programs.
How to Apply
To apply, qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter, which should detail your philosophical interest advancing ACRE’s mission and your salary requirements
- A writing sample that demonstrates qualifications for the position
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/. There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Stephanie Keaveney, Network Engagement Manager at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.