The American Consumer Institute Center for Citizen Research (ACI) is an educational and research institute with a mission to promote economic welfare by improving the understanding and impact that public policies and regulations have on consumers in a free market. The Institute focuses on policy issues that affect society as a whole, and we seek to be a better and more reasoned voice for consumers by using economic tools and principles to find public policies that work best for consumers. More information about ACI is available online.
About the Role
ACI is looking to fill multiple Policy Analyst positions to lead research and communications efforts dealing with a host of regulatory and legislative issues affecting consumers and the market economy. The position will be based in the Arlington, VA, although we currently operate on a hybrid basis with employees splitting their time between the office and telecommuting. There is very minimal travel for this role.
Policy Research and Analysis (40%):
- Conduct policy research, collect and analyze data, and then examine and develop thoughtful policy analyses on a wide variety of key issues
- Perform ad hoc research related to current events
- Attend and participate in coalition meetings, events and panels
- Disseminate analyses by though social media, outreach, testimony, external presentations and media appearances
- Produce and disseminate policy and research papers, ConsumerGrams and op-eds
- Approximately 1-5 years of experience in public policy, government relations, economic research or related field preferred (internships may be considered experience)
- Excellent communications and writing skills
- Strong understanding principles of economics and business research
- Commitment to the free-market principles and the mission of ACI
- Master’s degree preferred but not required
- Health, dental, vision, and retirement savings plan
- Salary competitive and commensurate with experience
- Growth and increased responsibilities based on candidate’s ability to master complex policy issues
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing your experience, interest in full time or part time employment, your salary requirements, and availability to start;
- 1-2 Writing samples no more than 5 pages in length each; samples relevant to ACI’s work preferred but any sample(s) will do.
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Director of Outreach of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.