The American Consumer Institute Center for Citizen Research (ACI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit educational and research institute with a mission to promote economic welfare by improving the understanding and impact that public policies and regulations have on consumers in a free market.
The Institute focuses on policy issues that affect society as a whole, and we seek to be a better and more reasoned voice for consumers by using economic tools and principles to find public policies that work best for consumers. More information about ACI is available online.
About the Role
ACI seeks a Policy Analyst to support its research and communications efforts. The Analyst will work closely with the Director to conduct research and analyze data related to a host of regulatory and legislative issues which affect consumers and the market economy.
The Analyst will perform research spanning all of ACI’s focus areas, with a particular focus on technology policy. This is a full-time role based in ACI’s Washington, DC office but can temporarily be virtual if the candidate is willing to relocate to the DC area.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Policy Research and Analysis (40%)
- Conduct policy research, collect and analyze data, and then examine and develop thoughtful policy analyses on a wide variety of key issues – notably technology policy
- Perform ad hoc research related to current events and special topics
- Occasionally, attend and participate in coalition meetings, events and panels, hearings, and media events
- Produce and disseminate policy and research papers, ConsumerGrams and op-eds related to policy research and analysis
Public Affairs and Communications (10%)
- Use online tools and social media to promote and disseminate research to media, consumers, stakeholders, and policymakers; and to assist in research proposals and foundation programs
- 0 to 5 years of experience in public policy, government relations, economic research, or related field
- General or specific knowledge of and interest in ACI’s research areas
- Understanding principles of economics and business research
- Master’s degree preferred but not required
- Commitment to the free-market principles
- The ability to handle multiple projects in a timely fashion
- Excellent writing and communications skills required
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document.
- Cover letter detailing:;
- Your interest in the position and ACI’s mission
- Salary requirements
- Availability to start
- 1-2 writing samples of 500-100 words. Samples should be self-authored and not professionally edited, preferably reflecting popular writing styles (op-eds, blogs, magazine articles)
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Stephanie Keaveney, Network Engagement Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.