ACE was founded in 2000 in Denver, Colorado with the mission to provide children of low-income families with scholarships to private schools in grades K-12, and to advocate for expanded school choice. Over the past 22 years, ACE has provided more than 55,000 scholarships worth over $139 million. This school year, ACE is serving 7,000 children in Colorado, Kansas, Arkansas, Missouri, Louisiana, Wyoming, Texas, and Montana and is adding operations in Utah and New Mexico.
Guiding Principles and Convictions:
- The American public education system is flawed
- Free enterprise and democracy work
- Parents know the best education environment for their kids
- Private schools offer great value and have open seats
- All people are created equal and deserve an equal chance to pursue the American Dream
About the Role
ACE seeks a highly qualified individual to oversee the fundraising and operations activities within Texas. With support from the ACE National office and other Texas staff, this person will develop and implement a strategic fundraising plan to raise significant funding from top business leaders in Texas and to ensure the long-term success and growth of the ACE program.
This role will supervise all of the other ACE team members who work in Texas and report to the Chief Development Officer of ACE. The Director will work from home, but it is expected that they live in one of Texas’ major markets: Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, or San Antonio.
The position includes a competitive salary based on experience and benefit package. Benefits with ACE include health, dental and vision insurance; 401(k), with match and other benefits.
Primary Job duties and responsibilities
- Work with ACE National Office to fulfill the organization’s mission within all ACE Texas markets (Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio).
- Provide vision and leadership to the long-term strategic and day-to-day activities of ACE Texas
- Responsible for leading in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors
- Communicate in an effective, timely, and accurate manner all information necessary for the National Office to make informed decisions
- Raise resources to advance the financial health of the Texas operation and to meet its growth objectives year over year
- Lead donor engagement activities, including identification of individuals, foundations and corporate prospects, and development of a Texas Advisory Board with top business leaders in the community
- Implement key fundraising events and strategies to raise resources
- Execute prudent fiscal management that operates within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintens operation in a positive financial position
- Work with CEO and National Staff to ensure the ACE mission is fulfilled through strategic planning and community outreach
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that the ACE can successfully fulfill its mission
- Enhance ACE’s image by being active and visible in the community, particularly at high net-worth events, and by working closely with other professional, civic, and private organizations
- Support the program team in building long-term partnerships with local schools and relationships with ACE scholars and their families
- Guide ACE in responding to emerging issues related to public policy and public relations
- Oversee and manage staff and resources to execute on programmatic and fundraising plans
- Role will be responsible for overseeing two seasoned fundraisers and a development associate
- Manage and grow ACE Texas’s staff contributions
- Seven or more years of significant nonprofit fundraising, sales or business development experience, and experience working towards an annual revenue goal
- Knowledge and passion for school choice, education reform, and for serving the underserved
- Willingness and ability to travel, both in and out of state as needed; this role expect approximately 50% of travel.
- Approximately 4 out-of-state trips/year
- All other travel will be within the state of Texas; depending on the candidate’s location in Texas, much of that may be day-trips
- Knowledge of K-12 education policy and reform efforts, including the private school sector is a plus
- Unwavering belief in the mission of ACE Scholarships
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Solid, hands-on management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of ACE’s strategic future to staff, volunteers, and donors
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate donors and other volunteers
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Strong communication skills (written and oral), an excellent professional appearance and presentation, and public speaking experience
- Self-motivated individual with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as a leader in the community
- Experience and success with engaging high net worth individuals, major foundations, and corporations
- Ability to set priorities and achieve goals
- Highly organized, detail oriented and able to manage simultaneous priorities under pressure
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills, along with tact and diplomacy
- Personal network of contacts, potential donor pools, and knowledge of the local business community preferred but not required
- Bachelors Degree
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in ACE Scholarships, your salary requirements, and how your background matches the responsibilities
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Director of Network Engagement of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.