The Texas Public Policy Foundation (TPPF) is seeking an entrepreneurial and experienced leader to oversee all aspects of the Foundation’s communications operations, including online and traditional media. This person will develop and execute strategic communication and outreach efforts to further the Foundation’s mission. They will defend the Foundation brand and collaborate with Policy and Development to convey their messaging effectively. This is a full-time position located in Austin, TX.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create, execute, and track the Foundation’s communications strategy
- Administer and oversee the Foundation’s online presence
- Oversee and manage the Foundation’s relationships and interactions with press and media at all levels
- Identify and collaborate with allies on specific projects
- Overall responsibility for maintaining and managing the Foundation’s brand and messaging
- Manage Communications department staff and direct their work
- Oversee communications budget
- Create or edit written materials as needed
- Support Development activities as needed
- Support Policy activities as needed
- Present Board Report
- Oversee or assist with special projects as needed
- At least ten years of experience in major-media communications and/or digital/social content production and/or strategy
- Possess a strategic vision and ability to keenly assess political and policy landscapes
- Demonstrated leadership ability, including large-group management
- Able to accurately and effectively communicate the mission of the organization
- Excellent ambassador of the Foundation
- Poised and knowledgeable in situations requiring public speaking
- Exceptional writing skills
- Understanding of both academic and persuasive communication
- Desire to work in fast-paced environment
- Ability to work beyond typical work hours as necessary
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file with your name in the file:
- Cover letter detailing your sincere interest in this position/the mission of TPPF and your salary requirements
- List of three professional references
- One writing sample, preferably of relevance to TPPF’s work
Please include “VP, Comms – Your Name” in the subject line of your email.
Materials should be emailed in one PDF document to Claire Dixon, executive director of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
The Texas Public Policy Foundation is a non-profit, non-partisan research institute offering competitive salaries and benefits to qualified candidates.