Mountain States Legal Foundation seeks a Managing Attorney for immediate hire. MSLF is a nonprofit, public interest legal foundation dedicated to individual liberty, the right to own and use property, limited and ethical government, and the free enterprise system. Key to our work is the legal staff that advances our mission and principles in courts within the Mountain States and throughout the nation. We are a small team of dedicated professionals. As such, both attorney positions are a critical part of MSLF’s team and should possess the passion, commitment, and strategic vision needed to drive our mission to new heights.
Managing Attorney responsibilities and requirements include:
The Managing Attorney is a strategic and innovative litigator with significant trial experience. The Managing Attorney is primarily responsible for his own caseload, litigating cases from filing the complaint to argument or trial. Additionally, the Managing Attorney assists the Chief Legal Officer in supervising and mentoring staff attorneys. Responsibilities also include developing new cases, extensive factual and legal research, discovery, motion practice, and appellate advocacy. The Managing Attorney reports to the Chief Legal Officer. Requirements include:
- 10+ years of experience
- Significant litigation experience to include discovery, briefs, motion practice, evidentiary hearings, court appearances, and appellate work.
- Experience in state and federal courts
- A team leader and mentor. The Managing Attorney must be able to assist in leading a team of junior attorneys in complex litigation matters, overseeing their activity, and developing their skills through the litigation process.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Desire to learn about different areas of the law.
- Licensed to practice law in Colorado or eligible to waive into the Colorado bar
- Passion for MSLF’s mission: a deep interest in protecting the right to own and use property, limited and ethical government, individual liberty, and the free enterprise system
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file with your name in the file:
- Cover letter detailing:
- your salary requirements
- your interest in MSLF’s mission, and how your experience and background will ensure success
- your interest in relocating to Denver metro area
- Writing sample
- References are appreciated but not required
Please include “Managing Attorney, MSLF – Your Name” in the subject line of your email.
Materials should be emailed in one PDF document to Lauren Skiver with Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.