State Policy Network (SPN) is adding to its marketing communications capabilities and seeking a Director of Strategic Communications who will develop and implement marketing communications strategies to build brand awareness of SPN and the state think tank network.
The Director of Strategic Communications reports to the Vice President of Communications. SPN is headquartered in Arlington, VA and provides a virtual work environment for employees to work from their home offices around the country.
- Work with members of the Communications, Policy, and Leadership Development Teams to help state think tanks develop and implement issue campaigns
- Design and implement marketing communications strategies that help to elevate positive brand awareness for SPN and the state think tank network
- Work with state think tanks to identify, document, and share best practices across the state think tank network
- Develop and implement media relations strategies that support branding and positioning of SPN and the state think tanks as well as other strategic initiatives
- Coordinate interactions between SPN and members of the media including providing media and messaging training
- Assist with crisis management