The Mississippi Center for Public Policy (MCPP) has a mission to advance the ideals of limited government and free markets by influencing public policy, informing the media, and equipping the public with information and perspective to help them understand and defend their liberty.
After 25 years of advancing these causes, MCPP is entering into a new era of greater leadership in the lives of all Mississippians across the Magnolia State. We are preparing to fully leverage our past policy accomplishments and to accelerate our advocacy so we can take on the enemies of liberty – in whatever form they take. Whenever and wherever entrepreneurs, parents, families and citizens are prevented from reaching for the lives they have imagined, we’ll be on the job aggressively defending those Mississippians – including taking action to protect constitutional rights through the Mississippi Justice Institute.
We are building a team of professional patriots – a talented and hard-working group of folks who want to make a difference for liberty and be part of a fast-moving organization dedicated to getting things done in Mississippi and beyond. If you’ve got skills, initiative and spunk and you believe in free market solutions, we should talk.
About the Opening
MCPP is currently searching for a Development Officer to help direct the organization’s fundraising efforts.
The Development Officer will work closely with the CEO to develop and implement a strategic fundraising plan. As the CEO’s background includes fundraising, this will be an amazing opportunity for the Development Officer to learn from and be mentored by an expert in the field.
The Officer will also work with the VP for Policy and the Executive Director of the Mississippi Justice Institute to develop strategies to articulate MCPP’s programs to its investors and maximize support.
The Officer will be based in Jackson, where MCPP is headquartered.
- Oversee the daily operations of the organization’s fundraising activities; ensure things are running smoothly, deadlines are met, and opportunities are seized
- Manage foundation development program, including establishing relationships with aligned foundation program staff, writing grants, researching new foundations with which to explore partnering, and providing necessary follow-up
- Oversee MCPP’s development database (Salesforce); ensure information is up-to-date and accurate
- Manage all donor correspondence including thank you notes, requests for information, and general communication
- Identify and research donor prospects
- Help CEO cultivate new donors and maintain relationships with current donors, including scheduling meetings for the CEO with investors and potential investors
- Manage the organization’s direct-mail program
- Assist with the planning and implementation of MCPP’s events
- Engage smaller donors directly via telephone with the goal of maintaining and growing their support
- Provide revenue analysis and generate reports for CEO and board members
- 1-3+ years of experience
- Experience in fundraising, outreach, external relations, or similar arenas preferred
- Alignment with MCPP’s mission; passion for limited government and free markets
- Strong organizational skills and detail-orientation; ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRMs preferred
- Strong communications skills (both written and verbal)
- Entrepreneurial spirit; desire to learn and grow
- Positive attitude and eagerness to work as a member of a high energy/high growth team
- Competitive spirit; desire to succeed; commitment to excellence
- Preference for action and initiative
- Aversion to drama, procrastination, and other unproductive activities
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file with your full name in the file name:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in the position and salary requirements
Please include “Development Officer, MCPP–[Your Name]” in the subject line of your email.
Materials should be emailed in one PDF document to Claire Kittle Dixon, Executive Director of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.