This is an exciting opportunity for a proven leader with a passion for free-markets and limited government. The President and CEO will serve as the face of the organization, build a strong network of supporters and allies, assemble a talented team, and have the opportunity to grow the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Fundraising: The President and CEO will develop/implement the fundraising strategy and serve as the chief fundraiser. Duties will include making personal appeals to donors/ prospects, preparation and presentation of grant requests, maintaining a donor database, and identifying new donors/prospects.
- Networking: The President and CEO will be responsible for building a robust network of supporters and allies within Georgia. The President and CEO will be comfortable working in the political sphere while remaining dedicated to policy, not politics. The President and CEO will build effective relationships with key media contacts, policymakers, governmental officials, educators, and others as appropriate.
- Vision and Strategy: Working in partnership with the board, the President and CEO will develop and implement the vision and strategy for the organization, including long-term and strategic planning related to the organization’s growth and priorities.
- Organizational Management: The President and CEO will oversee hiring, training, managing, and evaluating staff. The President and CEO will direct all budgetary planning and fiscal management for the organization. He/she will report to the board regularly about the financial health of the organization.
- Public Policy: The President and CEO will be responsible for overseeing the organization’s research projects and publication work.
- Marketing and Communications: The President and CEO will effectively and persuasively communicate with various audiences. He/she will develop and implement an effective media strategy and serve as the Foundation’s spokesperson. The President and CEO will ensure the organization maintains an effective website and social media presence.