About Philanthropy Roundtable
The Philanthropy Roundtable’s mission is to foster excellence in philanthropy, to protect philanthropic freedom, to assist donors in achieving their philanthropic intent, and to help donors advance liberty, opportunity, and personal responsibility in America and abroad.
The Senior Grant Writer serves alongside the Director of Foundation Relations as a grant writer and liaison with foundation staff for grant solicitation, acknowledgement, and reporting to a portfolio of current and prospective donors. This staff member works proactively with the Managing Director of Operations and other development staff to meet fundraising goals, grow the number of donors supporting the organization, and increase the amount of financial support the Roundtable receives through foundation grants. This role reports to the Managing Director of Operations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Crafting high quality, compelling, and successful letters of inquiry, proposals, and reports. The grant writer may create documents using existing language but will also be called upon to synthesize information and draft new text about a specific project or program area
- Researching prospective foundations and seeking out new opportunities with donors aligned with the mission, principles, and giving priorities of the Roundtable
- Collaborating with program leaders to plan and execute fundraising strategies for programs and events
- Building relationships, where appropriate, with foundation donors in your portfolio to grow the foundation’s involvement with the Roundtable’s programs and events
- Attending, where appropriate, Roundtable events, to gain a deeper understanding of the work of the Roundtable and philanthropists who are involved in the organization’s work
- Assisting with copy-writing and editing of development materials, as necessary
- Recording activities and interactions with donors in our CRM database
- Working with the development coordinator and data manager to ensure the accuracy of our records
- Bachelor’s degree with at least four years of professional proposal writing experience
- Proven track record of successfully securing foundation grants through a formal foundation proposal process
- Experience with successfully researching and securing new support through foundation grants
- Experience using a CRM or development database to track contributions and interactions
- Demonstrable skill in collaborating across program areas with a wide array of personality types to complete projects
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work on several projects at once and to consistently meet tight deadlines
- Ability to travel, when needed, to meet with donors and attend Roundtable events
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Characteristics of honesty, integrity, confidence, cheerfulness, and professionalism
- Understand and support The Philanthropy Roundtable’s mission and guiding principles
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file with your name in the file:
- Cover letter detailing your sincere interest in this position/the mission of Philanthropy Roundtable and your salary requirements
Please include “Sr. Grant Writer, PR – Your Name” in the subject line of your email. Materials should be emailed in one PDF document to Claire Dixon with Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.