You: An energetic person who loves working with people. You believe in our mission of providing critical civic education on key issues facing New Yorkers. You’re not shy about working to open doors and you pair a strong work ethic with excellent oral and written communication skills. You want to be the face of our brand locally as a Regional Director for either the Hudson Valley, Central New York, or as our Outreach Coordinator on Staten Island.
Our Team: Reclaim New York is a non-partisan, non-profit organization focusing on affordability, education, and government reform across New York. We provide civic education on complex policy issues and we empower New Yorkers to engage their state and local government. Most importantly, we’re a group of New Yorkers that believes deeply in helping each citizen reclaim a sense of ownership in our relationship with government.
We are seeking Regional Directors to facilitate our civic engagement efforts in the Hudson Valley, Central New York, and an Outreach Coordinator on Staten Island. These are external facing positions with daily public interaction. That means you must be a people person!
Your mission will center on identifying, encouraging, and raising awareness on Reclaim’s issues with New Yorkers. You’ll identify local civic organizations, Chambers of Commerce, business alliances, government officials, and community groups to create opportunities to share our message. These meetings lead to actionable training programs on issues like affordability and transparency.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead Reclaim New York’s efforts to facilitate community-level education on Reclaim’s issue areas
- Identify local leaders and organizations to develop and grow Reclaim’s relationship with key community partners
- Represent Reclaim at community meetings, conferences, and local presentations
- Develop and update research briefs and issue reports on key local issues
- Aid in the drafting of educational curriculum on key policy issues
- Facilitate training sessions with local communities to educate residents about Reclaim’s platform and message.
- Capture and support management of database, that houses participants, supporters, and programmatic partners
- Track and report on community growth metrics
- Manage all operational aspects of event execution with support staff
- Strong professional communication skills
- Creativity and a passion for public policy and problem solving
- Basic understanding of Reclaim’s key issues
- Strong self-motivation; experience meeting tight deadlines; adaptability
- Belief in the importance of civic education and an engaged citizenry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, intermediate skills in Excel preferred
- Experience managing staff or volunteers in a professional business or political setting
- Preference given to bilingual candidates
- Compensation package is commensurate with experience.
- Compensation for Health Benefits, 401K, and PTO are included
Qualified candidates should submit:
- Cover letter detailing which location position you’re interested in, your salary requirements, and how your experience and background will ensure success in the position
Please include “Regional Director, RNY – Your Name” in the subject line of your email.
Materials should be emailed in one PDF document to Lauren Skiver with Talent Market who is assisting with the search: firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.