The Independent Institute is currently seeking an experienced Publications Production Director to lead our design and production department. The Director works directly with other departments, authors, and outside partners to maintain the brand and produce high quality digital and print publications. Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated with an interest in developing their skills and management experience in print, digital, and web publishing.
- Oversee Independent’s production staff and related print and digital publications functions
- Provide design services and brand oversight for print and digital assets
- Manage print standards and guide production of our publications and promotional materials, ensuring content and design deliverables are achieved in a timely and cost-effective manner
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5 or more years of print and digital production with management experience preferably in the book publishing industry
- History of successful project management, creating and following multiple schedules and timelines with competing deadlines
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat)
- Excellent written, verbal, and computer skills with keen attention to details
About Independent Institute
Conveniently located near the Oakland Airport, the Independent Institute is an academic, non-partisan, policy research and educational organization. We publish books, a quarterly journal, and increasingly offer our materials in digital and visual media.
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file with your name in the file:
- Cover letter detailing your philosophical interest in Independent Institute, why you are qualified for this role, and your salary requirements
- Two samples of your work
Please include “Publications Production Director– Your Name” in the subject line of your email.
Materials should be emailed in one PDF document to Claire Dixon with Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.