The Network of Enlightened Women (NeW), a nonprofit educational organization, is seeking candidates for the position of Director of Programs and External Affairs.
NeW is the nation’s premier organization for conservative university women, educating young women on conservative ideas and training them to become leaders. In addition to college chapters, NeW hosts the National Conference in Washington, DC each summer, The Gentlemen Showcase contest, and trainings such as the Young Women’s Leadership Retreat. Last year, NeW launched the #ShesConservative: This Is What A Conservative Looks Like social media initiative.
NeW is seeking candidates to oversee programs and assist the President in fundraising. The Director of Programs and External Affairs will report to the President.
Responsibilities for this role will include:
- Overseeing current programs and launching new programs
- Executing plans to deliver results
- Managing staff
- Researching and proposing creative ways that NeW can more effectively reach its audience
- Communicating with stakeholders, including donors, about NeW
- Representing NeW at various events and meetings
- Assisting the President on various projects
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience preferred
- A proven track record of success in program management
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to work independently and effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Self-motivation and internal drive to do excellent work
- Strong communication skills, both internal and external
- Attention to detail
- Possess integrity and sound judgment
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
- Either fundraising or sales experience
- Have a desire to stay with the same organization for a significant amount of time
- Knowledge of spreadsheet and database programs, including MS Office
- An understanding of and commitment to NeW’s mission
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file with your name in the file:
- Cover letter detailing your sincere interest in this position/the mission of NeW and your salary requirements
Please include “NeW – Your Name” in the subject line of your email. Materials should be emailed in one PDF document to Claire Dixon with Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.