Freedoms Foundation at Valley Forge seeks a President & CEO to lead the organization to its next level of growth. As a non-profit, non-partisan, non-sectarian educational organization, Freedoms Foundation is dedicated to encouraging responsible citizenship among all Americans. Operating from its 72-acre campus in historic Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, Freedoms Foundation educates Americans about their rights and responsibilities as citizens, honors acts of civic virtue, and challenges all people to reject apathy and get involved.
Freedoms Foundation’s vision is to have all Americans actively engage in their republic by celebrating our American heritage, defending the Constitution, and protecting individual freedoms. Through educational programs for both youth and teachers, Freedoms Foundation imparts an understanding of our national heritage, the values upon which our country was founded, the free enterprise system that has allowed us to prosper, and the importance of responsible, engaged citizenship. Also, Freedoms Foundation presents awards to Americans who help maintain the principles of our nation.
Today, Freedoms Foundation boasts 25 volunteer chapters throughout the United States, with over 3,000 members.
The President & CEO will be a seasoned executive with management skills, business acumen, and a record of accomplishment in fundraising. The President will guide a staff of 12 and 25 volunteer chapters with over 1,500 members to carry out civic education programs that increase awareness of the principles upon which America was founded and the responsibilities of citizens in a free society while assuring a sustainable future. The President will oversee a budget of $2.4 million and a 72-acre campus with 6 colonial style buildings. A visionary leader with a commitment to preserving the ideals and principles upon which the United States was founded, the President & CEO will serve as the organization’s chief spokesperson.
The primary responsibilities of the President & CEO will include:
- Cultivating financial support for the organization; as much as half of the President’s job may be fundraising; this includes strengthening the board and creating within the organization a culture of philanthropy
- Explaining the mission of Freedoms Foundation to its public: what Freedoms Foundation stands for and why it matters
- Increase our visibility among relevant audiences, including those we seek to educate, donors, and allied organizations
- Inspiring and leading the organization
- Networking and collaborating in an effort to strengthen the Freedoms Foundation community and its influence
- Serving as a strong and distinguished ambassador
- Developing strategies to more effectively realize Freedoms Foundation’s mission
- Managing a staff of 12
The ideal candidate for this role will possess the following attributes:
- Demonstrated philosophical alignment with Freedoms Foundation’s mission
- Significant management experience (10+ years), preferably in a nonprofit setting
- Proven ability to fundraise
- Understanding of/experience in the nonprofit sphere — including knowledge of like-minded organizations and donors — strongly preferred
- Strategic thinking skills and ability to effectively implement an existing strategy
- Proven ability to inspire and lead a team in a collaborative, collegial style
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including ability to serve as public face
- Strong relationship building and networking skills
- Experience with marketing and public relations preferred
- Public speaking experience
- Demonstrated ability to increase brand awareness of an organization or entity
- Familiarity with overseeing the operation of infrastructure with multiple buildings or locations a plus
- An appreciation of the role the military has played in maintaining our freedom, and an understanding of the Medal of Honor and of those who have been awarded it
The President will work from Freedoms Foundation National Headquarters in Valley Forge, PA and travel nationally to represent the organization. The Foundation will offer a competitive salary and generous benefits package.
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file with your name in the file:
- Cover letter detailing your sincere interest in this position/mission of the organization and salary requirements
Please include “President & CEO, Freedoms Foundation – Your Name” in the subject line of your email.
Materials should be emailed to Claire Dixon, executive director of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.