This is an exciting opportunity for a proven leader with a passion for free-markets and limited government. The President and CEO will serve as the face of the organization, build a strong network of supporters and allies, assemble a talented team, and have the opportunity to grow the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Fundraising: The President and CEO will develop/implement the fundraising strategy and serve as the chief fundraiser. Duties will include making personal appeals to donors/ prospects, preparation and presentation of grant requests, maintaining a donor database, and identifying new donors/prospects.
- Networking: The President and CEO will be responsible for building a robust network of supporters and allies within Georgia. The President and CEO will be comfortable working in the political sphere while remaining dedicated to policy, not politics. The President and CEO will build effective relationships with key media contacts, policymakers, governmental officials, educators, and others as appropriate.
- Vision and Strategy: Working in partnership with the board, the President and CEO will develop and implement the vision and strategy for the organization, including long-term and strategic planning related to the organization’s growth and priorities.
- Organizational Management: The President and CEO will oversee hiring, training, managing, and evaluating staff. The President and CEO will direct all budgetary planning and fiscal management for the organization. He/she will report to the board regularly about the financial health of the organization.
- Public Policy: The President and CEO will be responsible for overseeing the organization’s research projects and publication work.
- Marketing and Communications: The President and CEO will effectively and persuasively communicate with various audiences. He/she will develop and implement an effective media strategy and serve as the Foundation’s spokesperson. The President and CEO will ensure the organization maintains an effective website and social media presence.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal President and CEO will possess the following characteristics:
- 7-10+ years of experience
- Strong commitment to the principles of limited government, free markets, free enterprise and personal responsibility
- Proven leadership experience; experience managing significant programs or projects, preferably within a free-market, nonprofit organization
- Capability to fundraise; willingness to “make the ask” on a regular basis
- Ability to build, grow, and organize a strong network of supporters
- Strong relationship-building skills and an outgoing, friendly personality
- Ability to network and form alliances with like-minded policy advocates in Georgia and around the country
- Experience managing staff and building teams
- Excellent communication skills
- A self-starter attitude, personal responsibility and accountability, strong organizational skills, and a high sense of urgency
- An understanding of public policy and the political dynamics that affect social change within a state; knowledge of/experience in Georgia preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF:
- Cover letter detailing your philosophical interest in this unique opportunity and your salary requirements
Please include “President and CEO, GPPF– Your Name” in the subject line of your email. Materials should be emailed to Claire Dixon, Executive Director of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
More about the Georgia Public Policy Foundation
The Georgia Public Policy Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, nonpartisan research institute.
Our mission is to improve the lives of Georgians through public policies that enhance economic opportunity and freedom.
We believe good public policy is based upon fact, an understanding of sound economic principles and the core principles of our free enterprise system – economic freedom, limited government, personal responsibility, individual initiative, respect for private property and the rule of law.
Since 1991, the Georgia Public Policy Foundation has conducted scholarly research and analysis of state public policy issues and worked to educate citizens, policy-makers and the media. The Foundation is state-focused, independent, non-partisan and market-oriented in its approach.
The Foundation hosts more than a dozen events each year throughout the state that allow members to meet and discuss issues with political, education, media and business leaders. Past speakers include the President of the United States, U.S. Speaker of the House, Supreme Court Justices, U.S. senators, representatives, presidential candidates, ambassadors, state officials, governors, members of the national media and area business leaders.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.