What is the face of Illinois? Is it people who need the government intertwined in their daily lives to show up for work, pay their bills, raise their kids and engage in their communities? The Illinois Policy Institute doesn’t think so. Rather, we believe the face of Illinois is hopeful, proactive and determined to be successful despite an ever-encroaching, unaccountable state government in Springfield.
Our Outreach Coordinator will be instrumental in helping us identify the face of Illinois.
The coordinator will build relationships with citizens across our state and help bring their stories to light.
The coordinator will help us illustrate the point at which policy intersects with every day life.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Marketing and Communications, the Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Reaching out to and building relationships with Illinoisans who have a story to tell about the effects of encroaching government
- Developing compelling narratives of those who are affected by public policies
- Identifying and coordinating citizens to participate in Illinois Policy Institute issue campaigns
- Building coalitions
Skills and qualifications
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes:
- 2-3 years of work experience
- Extroversion; superior interpersonal and relationship-building skills; enjoys meeting new people
- Ability to relate to and build rapport with people from all walks of life; high comfort level in a multitude of environments and settings
- Warm, accessible personality; patience and persistence to cultivate relationships
- Solid judgment
- Ability to use unconventional data sources to identify advocates
- Willingness to travel around Chicago and Illinois
- Understanding of policy issues
- Strong listening skills
- Unflappable; not easily intimidated
- Ability to learn basic video editing skills
- Passionate about and committed to the mission of the Illinois Policy Institute
- Bachelor’s degree
The Illinois Policy Institute inspires changes in hearts, minds and laws through its mission to promote personal freedom and prosperity in Illinois and America.
As a leading independent research and education organization, the Institute generates positive and sustainable policy solutions for citizens and lawmakers that help unleash talent and entrepreneurial ability.
The Illinois Policy Institute pays a competitive salary based on experience, and provides excellent benefits: group health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, paid time off and a retirement savings plan.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF file:
- Cover letter detailing: your sincere interest in this position and the mission of the organization and your salary requirements
Materials should be emailed to Claire Kittle, Executive Director of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.