The Fairness Center is a nonprofit, public interest law firm offering free legal services to those facing unjust treatment from public employee union officials. In its first three years of existence, the Fairness Center initiated legal actions for, among other clients, teachers who want to do what they love without supporting a union with which they disagree; a homecare worker and his friend for whom he cares, who want to protect their working relationship from union intrusion; taxpayers who want their money to support education, not union activity; and religious objectors to unionism who want to support that in which they believe, not what union officials choose for them. The Fairness Center represents its clients both in the court of law and the court of public opinion. Currently, its lawyers’ focus is assisting clients in Pennsylvania.
The Fairness Center is hiring for a new role: Outreach and Communications Director.
This dynamic position will lead the charge in articulating the Fairness Center’s work and mission to the public, media, allies, and other key audiences.
- Work closely with the Fairness Center’s leadership to develop and implement a strategic communications plan
- Serve as a public spokesperson for the Fairness Center
- Develop strategic partnerships with the Fairness Center’s allies and key partners to advance its mission
- Make presentations at various meetings, events, and forums in an effort to build the Fairness Center’s brand and network
- Investigate and develop information to assist lawyers with client development and relationship-building initiatives
- Expand the Fairness Center’s media coverage by building relationships with journalists and coordinating interviews
- Manage the development and distribution of all public content including press releases, newsletters, articles, and social media posts.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- 3-5+ years of communications, outreach, sales, or related experience
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Highly collaborative style and ability to work independently when needed; self-starter mentality
- Experience developing and implementing communications/outreach strategies
- Disciplined and discrete
- Alignment with and interest in the Fairness Center’s mission (legal experience not required)
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF with your name in the file:
- A cover letter detailing your interest in/passion for the organization’s mission, why you are a good fit for this role, and your salary requirements
Please include “Outreach, TFC – Your Name” in the subject line of your email. Materials should be emailed in one PDF document to Claire Dixon with Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.