PERC seeks to hire a research fellow to join our growing team of researchers, writers, and scholars working to develop practical market-based solutions to today’s conservation challenges. Tasks will include conducting independent research, authoring policy reports, and writing popular articles for media outlets.The ideal candidate will be hard-working, self-motivated, and passionate about market-based approaches to conservation and environmental policy. An ability to take initiative and execute on in-depth, detail-oriented projects is essential. Emphasis will be placed on candidates that have demonstrated strong writing skills and writing experience.Responsibilities:
- Author reports, studies, and articles for PERC and popular media outlets
- Assist with PERC’s partner organizations, think tanks, and conservation groups to implement free-market solutions to environmental policy and conservation challenges
- Represent PERC in front of various audiences, including policymakers, policy groups, and conservation partners
- Engage thought leaders in PERC’s research through popular writing, social media, and other means
- Occasionally direct or assist with various workshops, programs, and research initiatives on free market approaches to environmental issues
- Graduate degree in law, economics, public policy, political science, or related fields, with experience in environmental policy or conservation
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working on environmental policy, conservation, or related issues
- Strong writing and communication skills, including a track record of published articles and oral presentations
- Enthusiasm for and knowledge of free market approaches to conservation and environmental policy
- Ability to translate academic research into a compelling message for non-academic audiences
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to challenge conventional thinking about environmental and conservation issues
- Interest in and experience working on topics such as wildlife conservation, private land stewardship, public land management, water policy, and fisheries
- Strong knowledge of major federal or state environmental laws, programs, and policies
- Comfort with collaborative programs such as Google Drive and Google Docs
- Basic knowledge of the WordPress dashboard
This is a full-time position based in beautiful Bozeman, Montana, which consistently ranks as one of the nation’s best places to live and one of the world’s best towns for skiing and outdoor recreation. In addition to a nationally competitive salary, PERC provides generous health insurance options, 401(k) contributions with no employee match required, a family-friendly work schedule, and generous vacation and holiday benefits.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials:
- Résumé or C.V.
- Cover letter describing a) your interest in this position and the mission of the organization and b) your salary requirement
- 2 to 3 published writing samples
Please include “Research Fellow, PERC–[Your Name]” in the subject line of your email.
Materials should be emailed in a PDF document to Lauren Skiver with Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls please.