Established in September 1999, the Bill of Rights Institute (BRI) is a 501(c)(3)non-profit educational organization that works to engage, educate, and empower individuals with a passion for the freedom and opportunity that exist in a free society. The Institute develops educational resources and programs for a network of more than 50,000 educators and 30,000 students nationwide.
BRI is seeking an experienced Digital Marketing Manager for a key role developing and implementing campaigns to increase our educational outreach to teachers, students, parents, schools, partnership organizations, and others. This is a unique opportunity for a marketing professional with an interest in education and a passion for freedom.
This is a hands-on position in a small entrepreneurial environment with no direct staff. The role offers tremendous room for growth. The Digital Marketing Manager reports to the VP, Communications.
- Work closely with educational program heads, management staff, and outside vendors/consultants to increase educational programs and services to students, teachers, parents, and donors; manage efforts to engage external organizations.
- Execute external marketing, digital advertising, website maintenance and social media, and communications programs to build strong relationships with existing partners and grow BRI’s market presence by identifying and developing additional strategic partnership opportunities.
- Expand the Exact Target database of in-house and external mailing lists to implement the marketing of email communication to key target audiences, allied partners and key contacts. Responsible for building email marketing platforms and campaigns, conducting research, and devise metrics/reports to evaluate the effectiveness of these programs. Serve as the in-house administrator for BRI’s email communications, manage contracts, collaborate with external stakeholders.
- Manage web properties (the BRI website, Docs of Freedom, Voices of History, and our sub sites) including updating web pages as needed, ensuring functionality and fixing broken links as needed. Ensure website meets our brand guidelines and that all navigation systems are used properly. Manage Google Analytics for each of our sites and help provide insights for our monthly meetings as we review analytics.
- Develop draft content and collateral materials employing digital and traditional media strategies, including articles, blogs, email, podcasts, press releases, and webinars.
- Participate in the development and execution of marketing and branding campaigns designed to deepen The Institute’s market share in K-12 education with outreach to traditional public school teachers, charter, independent and home school audiences.
- Perform various administrative, editorial, social media, and project management tasks to support the communications/marketing department and BRI Leadership Team.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Marketing, Journalism or related major
- Excellent written communications skills with experience editing and proofreading copy
- Understanding of non-profit organizations; education, civics, U.S. history topics
- Prior classroom teaching experience helpful
- Strong on-line communications skills and knowledge of social media, digital technologies. Experience with WordPress functionality, website and URL hosting/management.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) intermediate level or above.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud for Photoshop, and Illustrator software is helpful
- Ability to manage multiple short-and-long-term projects with minimal supervision
- Philosophical alignment with BRI; appreciation for the values of freedom/a free society
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in BRI’s mission, why you are a fit for this role, and your salary requirements
Please include “Digital Marketing Manager, BRI – Your Name” in the subject line of your email.
Materials should be emailed in one PDF document to Claire Dixon, executive director of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.