The Charles Koch Foundation seeks a Managing Director to manage and lead a team of program managers in support of the organization’s vision and mission. The Charles Koch Foundation works to advance principles of free societies within higher education.
- Supervise several project leads/managers.
- Participate in the management team to assist in making sure our internal operations are running smoothly.
- Direct the team’s efforts to ensure initiatives are focused on team priorities.
- Determine staffing needs, hiring, and training staff as needed.
- Monitor staff performance including performance reviews.
- Review performance data (financial and activity reports) to monitor and measure productivity, goal progress, and activity levels.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree-level education is preferred
- Experience supervising multiple direct reports simultaneously
- Proven ability to cultivate a strong team dynamic
- Knowledge of Market Based Management is preferred
- Minimum of 5-10 years in a management position
- Experience working in the free market movement and a passion for liberty
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong professional writing abilities
- Strategic and critical thinking abilities; problem solver
- Humility and a high sense of urgency
- Some knowledge of higher education preferred
- Effective manager of multiple concurrent projects
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in ONE PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing: a) your sincere interest in this position and the mission of the organization, and b) your salary requirements
Materials should be emailed to Claire Kittle, Executive Director of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: Claire@talentmarket.org