DonorsTrust is a cause-related donor-advised fund dedicated to promoting liberty and serving donors who share our mission. DonorsTrust was established in 1999 as a 501(c)(3) publicly supported charity. Since then, our client donors have contributed $1+ billion to donor-advised fund accounts and recommended $900+ million in grants to civic and liberty-oriented charities.
DonorsTrust is seeking an individual with an accounting background with moderate to advanced experience with Microsoft Excel. Microsoft Access and Word experience also preferred. The successful candidate will have strong communications skills, as they will need to work closely not only with the DonorsTrust Team, but with its clients and grantees. Depending upon the candidate, the position may provide considerable independence. The ideal candidate will be a self-learner and enjoy acquiring new skills and improving their existing technology skills.
The responsibilities of the Grants & Accounting Associate are two-fold. First, the Grants & Accounting Associate will assist with all aspects of issuing grants; second, the position has primary responsibility for entries into DonorsTrust accounting software, and preparing reconciliation schedules for numerous investment accounts. The position also requires making entries into DonorsTrust unitization software, used to value our clients’ donor-advised fund accounts on a daily basis. Due to the confidential nature of the information a successful candidate will handle, a thorough background check will be performed on any candidate that advances through the interview stages, and agreeing to a confidentiality and nondisclosure agreement prior to joining DonorsTrust is required.
Together with the current grants associate, perform duties associated with processing grant requests received from account advisors, including:
- gather grant requests from various input sources;
- entering grant requests into database;
- performing due diligence on prospective grantees, requiring direct interaction with grantees;
- clarifying grant request instructions with account advisors, as necessary;
- filing grant documents electronically and in back-up paper files; and
- preparing grant letters and checks using in-house software.
Under supervision of Chief Financial Officer:
- assist with preparation of reconciliation schedules;
- assist with accounts payable;
- assist with preparing records for Special Program Funds;
- prepare management reports in Excel; and
- make entries in QuickBooks accounting software.
- 1+ years bookkeeping or accounting experience or recent graduate with an accounting degree
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Excel, Word and Access
- Familiarity with QuickBooks software
- Ability to interact with account advisors and grantee personnel
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in accounting a plus
- Must like dogs (but not, necessarily, cats)
Commensurate with experience. DonorsTrust offers a 403(b) retirement plan and, commencing with second calendar year with DonorsTrust, a SEP-IRA plan to which DonorsTrust contributes. We also pay for parking or metro. Our office is conveniently located next to the King Street metro stop.
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file with your name in the file:
- Cover letter detailing your sincere interest in this position/the mission of DonorsTrust and your salary requirements
Please include “Grants & Accounting Associate, DT– Your Name” in the subject line of your email.
Materials should be emailed in one PDF document to Lauren Skiver with Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.